• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Heaven is for Real

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Not I, thanks. The wife read the book and got all gung-ho churchy for a bit, said it blew her away and blah blah blah.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Looks like this season will be full of happy clappy cr4p across our movie theatre screens, this being one of the 1st, from what I hear

Include me out

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Maybe.... girls movie weekend coming up.... something like this would normally be watched on the small screen though. Watching an action movie on the big screen is usually my preference though.

neevo

Limey Hippo
LOL @ people afraid there really is a heaven.
What's that got to do with being force fed the opinions of ultra-religious nutters in a movie? I believe Christianity is based on a faith that God exists and not a proof :shrug:
Just because I think a film is clap-trap has nothing to do with my religious beliefs ultimately

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Stupid enough to think we know something even though we have zero evidence supporting it.
There is evidence, but you wouldn't trust the sources.

Kind of lie Global Warming- there is evidence, but I don't trust the sources.

I was talking about fIrst hand accounts like the kid this movie is based on.
Visions that a child had at near death experience?

These visions are pretty typical for those who have near death experiences. This isn't evidence of any heaven. The mind near death probably isn't very good at perception either, so you really can't trust what is experienced.

Exactly as I predicted.
I wouldn't be surprised if you went to the Middle East and found some guy who saw Allah in his near death experience. I wouldn't be surprised if you went to India and found some guy who saw Vishnu in his near death experience.

Same reason I am not surprised there is a child who, being raised by a Christian pastor, saw heaven.

We all see crazy things when we die or are about to die. It isn't evidence for anything.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
We all see crazy things when we die or are about to die.
Not true... Plenty of people near dead who claim to have seen/heard nothing.

The point is, there is evidence, to you discredit it because of the source. Totally expected, not necessarily wrong, but there is evidence.