• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

John Oliver’s scathing take on Ferguson

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP

that is not a transport vehicle....

you don't need tanks for every disturbance.... but the ones you do.... you need to call in the guard.... not just give cops tanks...

as far as repurposing... absolutely.... give them to the Gaurd
You do NOT want the National Guard showing up. Kent State?

This is not a slight against them, they are the wrong wrong wrong tool. Police aren't "militarized". If anything, the police have gotten far less "militarized" in the past 20 years. Do they have different equipment? Yes.

Yeah... I could see that, too. I just hate to think that, under the guise of "parade vehicles" until shit hits the fan, then all of a sudden, those parade vehicles come out for real.
So if the shit hits the fan, isn't that when an APC should be used? :puzzled:

What is the issue with them being used at the riot? Because they are scary? Has anyone seen any Tiananmen Square type stuff? No.

1) They are intimidating looking.

2) The windshield and shit won't be smashed by rocks, and the people inside won't get hurt, which would likely result in force being used against people.

3) It can't get flipped over and burned

4) They're usually free to local governments.

That said, this is not what APC's are designed for. Example: Loonytoon in a shed at the back of his yard is out there with a gun popping random rounds off. Cops needed to get the neighbors out, as he fired several shots at their house, which zipped through the walls of said house which contained a family including a small child. APC was used to drive up, shield the family allowing them to be removed to safety. That's what they are used for on a regular basis.

Maybe this once incident the officer was justified shooting the guy- maybe- but the history of police violence to blacks has been building up- this violence isn't over once incident- it was merely the straw that broke the camel's back... and it was made worse and worse by police brass that just don't get it. From the chief talking about the number of bullets fired to the idiot that decided releasing a video of him robbing a store was to be packaged with the officers name. They are completely separate - release them apart - because it does not matter if he robbed a store or not.

That picture with 6 police in full riot gear with big "assault" rifles all pointed at that single black woman 15+ feet away. WHY? You shouldn't be aiming such weapons at a citizen to begin with, not unless you intend to shoot.

1) So the police can't use mild spin (the video released at the same time of the officer's name) like Rev. Al can?

2) Photo of 6 cops pointing guns at a single black woman (your description, not mine): what was the context? Oh...you don't have any idea so the cops must be wrong.

Cops think they'll oppress the people back into submission- If they can it won't be easy.
This isn't oppression. It's lawless savages destroying a city for no valid reason.

Remember all the violence at the pro-gun rallies? No? Because they're wasn't any because they assembled and protested peacefully.

Short sighted... that military equipment are what the police is going to be using to oppress us when Obama tells them to go door to door to confiscate your guns. The police should not have the power to oppress the citizens they are there to protect.
:oac:

Kind of hard to resist tyranny when the police are the military. It can be done but it wasn't supposed to be like this.
This is why you don't use the national guard.

APC should be used with caution. It's designed to assault quickly and with agility. It's not designed to sit in a spot and control riots. It's designed to go into an area, **** it up and get the fawk out. Don't blow smoke up your own asses.
I agree. That's not its designed role however it's better than a Crown Vic or a horse.

Don't really give a shit about that right now. What I saw from the LEO's was very disappointing, they should have done some protecting, in stead they stood there like a lump of shit and confronted a mob. Again, they should have protected the community. I don't see where that took place.
What should they have done? They "stood there like a lump of shit" but "confronted a mob" but "should have protected the community"?

:puzzled:

The focus should have been on protecting the community. They didn't do that, they pulled out all of their mil-surp bullshit and confronted a mob with it. Meanwhile tax paying businesses that employ people are looted and now unable to do business. Nothing got solved, just escalated.
Explain to me what they should have done.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
I'm watching it in the background now. That security dude at the front desk of Nakatomi Plaza is a ****ing dickhead. Makes John type Holly's name in, then when he finds it says "30th floor - they're the only ones left in the building." Why didn't you tell him that in the first place asshole?
He gets taken out during a sports discussion.

So Kareem rebounds, feeds Worthy on the break, over to A.C., to Magic, then back to Worthy! BOOM, two points.

I agree, Joe, it shouldn't have been done, but it wasn't a black/white thing. Just think back a few months to the Bundy ranch fiasco. You had 40 guys pointing rifles and training scoped guns on unarmed people, some white, but some black too.

I've ridden with my brother on duty more times than I can count. I can tell you that on almost every encounter with a certain segment of black individuals, race is immediately brought up by them as being the cause of the stop/call, etc no matter what they were doing. It doesn't matter if they were committing a crime or not, they will be caught inside a place they have broken into and they will say that the only reason you are arresting them is because they are black.

I do agree that the police have become completely militarized which should be in violation of the constitution.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I agree... that's not a tank like the army has.... what would you call it. It's not a people transporter... it's an armored something or another. I chose that pic because 1. it popped up with a google "police tanks" search and 2. because it had the "police" on it indicating it wasn't a National Guard vehicle or somethign
A.P.C.

Armored
Personnel
Carrier

NOT
A
TANK

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I agree, Joe, it shouldn't have been done, but it wasn't a black/white thing. Just think back a few months to the Bundy ranch fiasco. You had 40 guys pointing rifles and training scoped guns on unarmed people, some white, but some black too.

I've ridden with my brother on duty more times than I can count. I can tell you that on almost every encounter with a certain segment of black individuals, race is immediately brought up by them as being the cause of the stop/call, etc no matter what they were doing. It doesn't matter if they were committing a crime or not, they will be caught inside a place they have broken into and they will say that the only reason you are arresting them is because they are black.

I do agree that the police have become completely militarized which should be in violation of the constitution.
Neither side is "right." It's not always about race... but there are also racist police- not all of them- but there are. I've seen it first hand. The easiest time to see it is when we couldn't make it 2 states without getting pulled over in college road trips when a black or dark hispanic guy was driving... but a white guy up front and we don't get stopped. One trip the same guy was stopped 3 times in the course of 6 hours... twice on the highway and once in Lafyette Indiana.

Socrates Rules

Sage
VIP
A relative of mine was in an 'armored' vehicle. A barricaded suspect shot the vehicle 5 times while they used it as cover to pick up a wounded victim of the turd.

I am not a fan of the over use of SWAT by some departments, but being able to have a vehicle that can take rounds instead of being in a friggin Dodge makes sense.

Neither side is "right." It's not always about race... but there are also racist police- not all of them- but there are. I've seen it first hand. The easiest time to see it is when we couldn't make it 2 states without getting pulled over in college road trips when a black or dark hispanic guy was driving... but a white guy up front and we don't get stopped. One trip the same guy was stopped 3 times in the course of 6 hours... twice on the highway and once in Lafyette Indiana.
I've seen far more racism on the black side than on the cop side in my experience.

mcatdtJEEP

Quit speeding... a conservative 6 MPH over or keeping up with the flow of traffic is STILL speeding...

... and wear a tie

Last edited:

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
This is clearly scientific proof of police racism. :jump:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
This is clearly scientific proof of police racism. :jump:
Do you think the black community rioting cares about scientific proof or do they care about what they know because they see it / live it?

Do you also believe that racism is not an issue in police forces in 2014?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Do you think the black community rioting cares about scientific proof or do they care about what they know because they see it / live it?

Do you also believe that racism is not an issue in police forces in 2014?
Based on the black and white people that I know who are representative of lower socioeconomic classes, it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the culture that is common in areas full of low class people.I n my experience, these types of people actually like to get worked up about something and they typically are incapable of applying logic and reason when emotions are high.

Simply put, those that are in the lower socio-economic class predominantly exhibit tendencies to get worked up over rumors and fabrications that people in higher socio-economic classes view as ridiculous. These people are easily influenced by the media and anyone that works to stir things up.

Please note that I'm not referring to poor people or black people when I refer to a lower socioeconomic class. The lower socioeconomic class, as I define it, is really a combination of poverty, culture, lack of education, and environment. Nature vs nurture.