• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Married At First Sight

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Anyone been watching this? It's on Lifetime so I would never know it existed but apparently my sister finds it fascinating... she's going to try to get on the next season. :loopy:

Basically if you sign up you agree to marry a partner their experts pick for you. You don't see or meet them in any way until you meet at the altar and say your "I dos."

There were 3 coups in the first season. Two stayed together and of course the one that were most happy with each other initially were the ones to divorce.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
I think this only works in cultures where the family uses extreme shaming and threats to keep them together. :shrug:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It's like there's a contest to see who can make marriage more trivial and meaningless. :naw:
It's not really- there are experts in the field choosing your match- it has some basis in science in that regard.

For the bulk of human history marriages were arranged, only in the 18th century did marrying for love become common place in the western world.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Anyone been watching this? It's on Lifetime so I would never know it existed but apparently my sister finds it fascinating... she's going to try to get on the next season. :loopy:

Basically if you sign up you agree to marry a partner their experts pick for you. You don't see or meet them in any way until you meet at the altar and say your "I dos."

There were 3 coups in the first season. Two stayed together and of course the one that were most happy with each other initially were the ones to divorce.
So your sister is a desperate, filthy whore?

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
In some countries (aka, third world hellholes) the marriages are arranged. They often stay together because of necessity... the necessity of the wife to survive (i.e., the hubby says, "no head for me, then no head for you!").

go pick up an indian newspaper/magazine here in the US. in the back are ads placed by parents to marry off their offspring to a mate of their choosing.

I used to work with an indian girl who brought in some of the magazines once to show me because i didn't believe her.