• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Open Office software

Cornholio01

Since we're speaking laptops...

I downloaded open office since I'm a cheapass . . . is there something free that's mo better? Any kind soul want to advise me on whether I have to format my stuff to so others can see it - i.e. resumes I send to employers?

:hattipper:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Agree with Justin. Open Office will save in MS Office format too. I use it on my laptop.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
"print to PDF" wasn't the best way to put that, Microsoft Office and I assume Open Office and others allow you to save in PDF format.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
Since we're speaking laptops...

I downloaded open office since I'm a cheapass . . . is there something free that's mo better? Any kind soul want to advise me on whether I have to format my stuff to so others can see it - i.e. resumes I send to employers?

:hattipper:
I haven't installed or used open office in several years, so I don't know how it compares, but Google docs does everything I need it to.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
print to PDF for best results, at least people will see it the way you intended
When people send me an attachment from openoffice or any of those type I immediately discredit them as not serious about business.