• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The 1% should pay for everything!

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
College is expensive, yes. Too expensive. It's $4-5,000/semester for a larger state school campus. But it's these white kids from posh neighborhoods who are making it expensive because they want a country club experience while they spend four years experimenting with new drugs and attempting to solve on their own the racial and socio-economic divide in our country.

That girl, who says she is from a "working class" family, grew up in a house that sold for $1 million in 2005.

And she chose not to attend her local state school, but instead is attending a private university that runs $22,000 per year just to attend class. Maybe she has some gigantic scholarship.

:2cents:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
College is expensive, yes. Too expensive. It's $4-5,000/semester for a larger state school campus. But it's these white kids from posh neighborhoods who are making it expensive because they want a country club experience while they spend four years experimenting with new drugs and attempting to solve on their own the racial and socio-economic divide in our country.

That girl, who says she is from a "working class" family, grew up in a house that sold for $1 million in 2005.

And she chose not to attend her local state school, but instead is attending a private university that runs $22,000 per year just to attend class. Maybe she has some gigantic scholarship.

:2cents:

LOL

God she sounds like she should still be in high school. College is pricey, but between scholarships and grants if you are from a lower income family, it is affordable as long as you make sure you make full use of the money you pay. We have a lot of people who go for degrees in philosophy or gender studies at an out of state or private university who party all 4 years then graduate and realize that having a degree doesn't mean you deserve a job.

College is not for everyone. It is for those who have goals and use all the benefits of a college education to achieve them. I have made multiple connections over the years and gained experience through internships which put me above the rest. Most do not take the extra effort beyond attending class that most employers look for and then they complain when they aren't handed a $75k/yr job when graduating.

I will also say a lot of high school students who are quite impressionable often go to college because they don't know what to do and then their parents, teachers, or guidance counselors push them to go to college which is an awful idea. I've seen it happen to quite a few people and now they are in debt with nothing to show for it since they realized halfway through they didn't like their major or college in general.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
God she sounds like she should still be in high school. College is pricey, but between scholarships and grants if you are from a lower income family, it is affordable as long as you make sure you make full use of the money you pay. We have a lot of people who go for degrees in philosophy or gender studies at an out of state or private university who party all 4 years then graduate and realize that having a degree doesn't mean you deserve a job.

College is not for everyone. It is for those who have goals and use all the benefits of a college education to achieve them. I have made multiple connections over the years and gained experience through internships which put me above the rest. Most do not take the extra effort beyond attending class that most employers look for and then they complain when they aren't handed a $75k/yr job when graduating.

I will also say a lot of high school students who are quite impressionable often go to college because they don't know what to do and then their parents, teachers, or guidance counselors push them to go to college which is an awful idea. I've seen it happen to quite a few people and now they are in debt with nothing to show for it since they realized halfway through they didn't like their major or college in general.

just happened

She's in way over her head. :jump:
It's unfortunate that many young adults have this kind of attitude. As a country our future is so screwed.

I have to ask though, if the top 1% pay about 50% in taxes what about Warren Buffett? He says that he pays less income tax then his secretary. This is Fox News, it's more entertainment then facts and news by their own admission.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
It's unfortunate that many young adults have this kind of attitude. As a country our future is so screwed.

I have to ask though, if the top 1% pay about 50% in taxes what about Warren Buffett? He says that he pays less income tax then his secretary. This is Fox News, it's more entertainment then facts and news by their own admission.
Can he spend every dime he makes? That money has been taxed a million times over. Eventually when it moves it will get taxed.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP

It's quite simple, unearned income is taxed at a lower rate than earned income.

The bulk of buffets income is from investments not from a W-2 paycheck

I don't understand people who don't understand this

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Most people understand what is going on but the big question is why is Buffett touting this?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
You're too fawking stupid to answer the fawking question. What purpose does it serve for him to say something like that?