• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cheerios trying to help bees by giving away free wildflower seeds...

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Honey Nut Cheerios are delicious and bring the supreme farts.

As far as the bees, I have just over 100 trees on my property. Lots of them bloom, so the bees should be good.

Reactions: SAD

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
SCORE.

I think I'm going to plant them outside the back fence where the last legs of the septic drain field are. That way they'll grow without me having to put in much effort.

Reactions: SAD

zoeee

The 'IT' Crowd
Some of the seeds provided by Cheerios are actually invasive plants which, depending on the area, could negatively impact the plants, animals and or insects of that location. It's better to go to your local nursery and request location appropriate seeds.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Some of the seeds provided by Cheerios are actually invasive plants which, depending on the area, could negatively impact the plants, animals and or insects of that location. It's better to go to your local nursery and request location appropriate seeds.
Why is it socially acceptable to have open borders to let in people from all over the world, but not to let in plants or animals for all over?

zoeee

The 'IT' Crowd
Is it really socially acceptable? Because history suggests humans are usually pretty unimpressed with allowing in outsiders. (juot included el oh el)

Also, humans are able to fight for their rights. Plants, animals and insects clearly have less power over invasive species. By allowing the invasive flowers to grow we may be attracting (certain) bees, but it's really important to ensure the flowers you are planting aren't causing other ecological strains.