• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Google Drive

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
At work this morning..... work PC says Google Drive's sync is complete. Doesn't have the most recent versions of documents I was working on last night. So much for one place to store and collaborate on things. Looks like I'll be going back to Dropbox with just about everything.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Got an email from Google today re drive.

これで完了です。

ご使用のアカウントで Google ドライブを使用できます: @gmail.com

Google ドライブを使用する

Google ドライブを使用すると、次のことができます:
• あらゆる端末やブラウザから最新のファイルにアクセスできます
• どこにいても目的の相手とファイルを共有、共同編集できます
• すべてのファイルを 1 か所に安全に保存できます
ファイルをあちこちに分散させずに、
Google ドライブ チーム
:jump:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Google Drive is still awful. Installed it two weeks ago because we had a shared folder on it and I needed access. It's ****ing horrible still. Not only does it sync on it's own schedule rather than immediately, it prompts me every time I delete something on my desktop even though I'm not syncing my desktop and I have the delete warnings turned off. I uninstalled it again today. Even their web interface sucks. Paid Dropbox user. Google Drive shouldn't be as bad as it is.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I only use it to backup texts from my phone.

OneDrive (with 1TB storage) is good for me. At work, we get 5TB storage. WTF would I do with 5TB cloud storage?????

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Honesty I've never had an issue with Google Drive but I don't often delete anything and only really use it to send files between my desktop and phone.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm finding Google Drive to not be as robust at syncing my machines as Dropbox is. I have a client that doesn't split tunnel VPN access and has pretty tight firewall rules. When I'm on VPN, Dropbox and Google Drive don't sync. When I get off VPN, Google Drive stays hung up longer than Dropbox. Really annoying when I'm trying to grab my laptop and continue working.
What is the clients reasoning for no split tunnel?
Some kind of TS/SCI stuff? Keeping viruses out?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
What is the clients reasoning for no split tunnel?
Some kind of TS/SCI stuff? Keeping viruses out?
Not sure, honestly. I found it really annoying. I assumed it was either ineptitude or they wanted to make sure the Indian subs weren't able to surf the web while working remotely. It made it impossible for me to print to my local network printer while on VPN. I ended up just working in a VM rather than fighting it it it. This was also the place that screwed us on payment at the end.