• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

YACordlessToolThread

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
I do like the DeWalt stuff, but I just don't know if I want to spend the extra money. While I'd eventually want to replace all my existing tools and be back to one battery tech, my short term purchases would be:

sliding compound miter saw
edger - not string trimmer, an actual metal bladed edger.
sander - I'm torn between belt and "mouse" corner style.

As far as tools I already have, for the most part they are standard tools that all the major brands have versions of. Tools that may be harder to replace depending on who I ultimately go with are my wet/dry shop vac and my tire inflator.
Just picked up a B&D "mouse" sander for very occasional use... such a deal on sale at Ace Hardware. It works great for what little I will be doing with it.

A lot of the B&D stuff was exactly the same as the DeWalt stuff, but now I am not sure how much of that is still the case. My cordless drill and impact driver are DeWalt; the corded drill is a Milwaukee. Ryobi, Milwaukee, and DeWalt all make good stuff, but the larger batteries for any of them a hellish expensive. :spinonhead: