• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

World of Warplanes

jim01tj

You can buy credits for upgrades or premium planes not available to free players. It's not a bad game but i like world of tanks better.

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
what is your review of this game?

I have been on the fence about it

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Been playing it this morning, I like it. It is much easier to control with the mouse then an X-Box 360 gamepad. Unfortunately I find it kind of boring with the mouse controls, they are over-simplified. I ordered an inexpensive ($30) flight joystick from Amazon with throttle control, will get here Monday, hope it makes it more interesting while keeping the controls fairly easy. We'll see.

The 5.3 GB download only took about 30 minutes, maybe less.

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
I went out and got the Logitech 3D pro from best buy. Good joystick I like, it is not all gimmicky.

You are right the planes are easy to control with the mouse, and for the noob this is great. With the 3D pro, holy shit. It takes some getting used too.

So far I like it. Not sure I would spend $20 so I can buy a couple planes, and get more exp though.