• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

So what's the JUOT-approved washing machine brand?

Ralph

VIP
We just bought a set of Maytag Bravos XLs. So far so good, as long as you follow the instructions. Only sucky thing is the washer doesn't work at all on super small loads.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
We just bought a set of Maytag Bravos XLs. So far so good, as long as you follow the instructions. Only sucky thing is the washer doesn't work at all on super small loads.
I was looking at that one. I kind of like everything I see so far.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
No clue what's best because I haven't owned lots of washing machines. I like our Samsung set, but can't pretend to know it's better than any others.

Last edited:

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Our Samsung has treated us well. I've never used it but the :wifey: likes it and that's all that matters.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
No clue what's best because I haven't owned lots of washing machines. I like our Samsung set, but can't pretend to know it's better than any others.
I've looked at Samsung & LG. Seem to have good ratings.
Our Samsung has treated us well. I've never used it but the :wifey: likes it and that's all that matters.
samsung here. had them 6-ish years? no problem with the washer at all... it was their top of the line at the time and has some silly computerized 'self-balancing' type sensing stuff in dar.... works great... very quiet and super smooth.

neevo

Limey Hippo
AEG

Cost a lot but last eons. My current one was bought in 1986 which means it's worked out to cost me less than $20 dollars a year. If I'd bought cheaper I'd have had to replace them at least 3 times by now

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well current washer is a Maytag bought in 2001. I'd say it did its duty.

I have LG and have been very happy with them.

The most important lesson I have learned with front loaders is to NOT use the liquid detergent. It creates a gunk in the machine that makes the unit stink as well as your clothes. After much online research for a solution I learned that the powdered detergent dumped right in the drum solves the problem entirely.

We have a Frigidaire set (front loader) that I bought in '95. It was the cheapest "name brand" front loader I found at the time. Other than the plastic handle breaking off the washer it seems to be working just fine. However, my wife wants a new set and has narrowed it down to 3 brands. Maytag, Kenmore and I forget the 3rd, maybe whirlpool? IIRC, the set she has pretty much decided on is a Maytag.

I have LG and have been very happy with them.

The most important lesson I have learned with front loaders is to NOT use the liquid detergent. It creates a gunk in the machine that makes the unit stink as well as your clothes. After much online research for a solution I learned that the powdered detergent dumped right in the drum solves the problem entirely.
I've never had that issue, we use liquid detergent 100% of the time.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Liquid issues are a thing of the past.

Any Whirlpool Corporation or Electrolux Corporation brands. GE Appliance Division was bought by Electrolux.