• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Tapatalk Upgraded

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Updated Tapatalk to latest version - let me know if you notice any problems when using it.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
No known problems for me with tapatalk (i don't use it)... but ever since it was upgraded, the "new posts" link for me doesn't work.

The link is available, and clickable... But no matter what, it says there are no new posts.

When clicked, it never resolves to a "search id" type url for the resultset either. The "no new posts" message is on a "do get new" function.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Interesting... just realized the "get new" is only broken for me when using Chrome on my PC.

IE11 on my PC it works fine.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If they don't stop messing with the layout on the app I'ma cut a bitch! :pirate:

neelandan

Owner of dot net
the "new posts" link for me doesn't work.
The link is available, and clickable... But no matter what, it says there are no new posts.
Interesting... just realized the "get new" is only broken for me when using Chrome on my PC.
This is unrelated to tapatalk, and is one of the quirks of Chrome I have experienced at juot and other vbulletin sites.

The browser caches the "no new posts" page as the answer to the "do getnew" function, and serves it up without sending the query to the server.

So, if you click the new posts button when there are no new posts, you get a "no new posts" page. Chrome caches this page.

On subsequent clicks on this button, the cached page gets displayed. You have to force the browser to perform a search, usually by hitting refresh.

Detailed description written so that BOP doesn't break the site trying to repair something which is not broken.

However, IANAP (I am not a programmer) so the above analysis is probably wrong.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Seems weird it would only be an issue with Chrome- header refresh issues are usually site wide.