• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Top Gear getting companion show

neevo

Limey Hippo
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/27/bbc-top-gear-extra-gear-show-rory-reid-official/

The BBC is taking a page from AMC's book and launching a new companion show to follow each episode of the relaunched Top Gear. Called Extra Gear, it will be a 30-minute follow up that promises a more in-depth look at the world's biggest motoring program.

But where AMC's Talking Dead take a more traditional talk show approach to the companion show, it sounds like Extra Gear will dive much further behind the scenes – probably the benefit of having no discernible plot to break down. New presenter Rory Reid will host Extra Gear from TG's studio.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I'll judge the new show on what it's like when it is screened and not before. Most sane people will too.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'll judge the new show on what it's like when it is screened and not before. Most sane people will too.
It has one hell of a mountain to climb, but I will do the same. I truly hope it comes out good.

Chris Evans has an awesome Ferrari collection and a fairly funny radio personality - I have high hopes for him, but still skeptical. He's a little bit grating, but maybe some of the others can keep that in check.

Matt LeBlanc is hilarious with a script and is apparently a very impressive driver - I really like the idea of adding a yank to the cast since TG has gotten so popular over here.

Chris Harris - ****ing douche. Doesn't really know car shit - said the 488 was the first turbo-charged road-going Ferrari. You can't make a mistake that huge if you want to be taken seriously as a moto-journalist, and damn sure shouldn't be on the most loved motoring show of all time.

Sabine Schmidt - kind of cute, drives quite well, doesn't speak English all that well. They were shooting for eye candy and half-assed every aspect of it.

I honestly have no clue who the old guy or the black guy are.

I have high hopes, but very low expectations.