• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Trump Victory Speech

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I watched it. He has great presence and is very relatable. He says all the things people want to hear. But he faces a monumental task in actually getting any of this done. Convincing Mexico to pay for a wall? The Middle East to pitch in more? American companies to forget about cheap Chinese and Mexican labor and build stuff in the US again?

Am I missing his concrete plans on how to make any of that happen?

He's exceptionally good at dodging questions and not making it look like he's hiding something like Hillary does.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I watched it. He has great presence and is very relatable. He says all the things people want to hear. But he faces a monumental task in actually getting any of this done. Convincing Mexico to pay for a wall? The Middle East to pitch in more? American companies to forget about cheap Chinese and Mexican labor and build stuff in the US again?

He's exceptionally good at dodging questions and not making it look like he's hiding something like Hillary does.
It can pretty much all be done with tariffs.

Yes, you are missing his plans. As others have said, tariffs. More generally, working on getting the trade deficits shrunk. For moving manufacturing jobs back to the US, a combination of significantly lower corporate tax rates and again the tariffs.

He's going to be the attorney general that prosecutes Hillary Clinton unless Obama pardons her on his last day. (Hypothetically if Trump somehow won.)
I believe this would only be possible if she were convicted while he is still in office. IF she is even indicted I would expect it by the end of the year, but I'd also expect the actual trial to drag out for a long time.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I saw nothing wrong with it. Sounds like he thinks he knows how to get things done. I'm cautioning all you tards that watch late night sound bites for your political decisions, you may want to take the time to watch the actual event or speech.

I saw nothing wrong with it. Sounds like he thinks he knows how to get things done. I'm cautioning all you tards that watch late night sound bites for your political decisions, you may want to take the time to watch the actual event or speech.
He's un-electable. He's entertaining when he makes a fool of himself. He hates women and minorities. He can run a business but has no clue how to run a country. The idea that he could be president would be scary, he will turn the rest of the world against us with his arrogance and lack of diplomatic understanding...

That's what you get from sound bites, late night talk shows, and liberal media. Doesn't seem accurate when you actually watch debates, listen to speeches, and see how people are voting.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I believe this would only be possible if she were convicted while he is still in office.
You believe wrong. Ford pardoned Nixon, he wasn't convicted of anything. The President can pardon anyone once the crime has occurred. Whether there is an investigation, indictment, or conviction doesn't matter.

Presidential Pardons

Presidential pardons can be granted anytime after an offense has been committed including before, during, or after a conviction for the offense. If granted before a conviction is given, it prevents any penalties from attaching to the person. If granted after a conviction, it removes the penalties, and restores the person to all his or her civil rights. However, a pardon can never be granted before an offense has been committed – because the president does not have the power to waive the laws.
Only way around it is if she could somehow get prosecuted under a State statute.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I can't recall a SINGLE politician running for office who's ever had a concrete plan to do anything they claim/promise/

You believe wrong. Ford pardoned Nixon, he wasn't convicted of anything. The President can pardon anyone once the crime has occurred. Whether there is an investigation, indictment, or conviction doesn't matter.

Presidential Pardons

Only way around it is if she could somehow get prosecuted under a State statute.
Well god damn, I didn't know that. One can only hope that if she is indicted and Obama pardons her she will at least have zero shot at becoming president.