• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Decent washing machine around $500?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Does one exist? My 11 year old Fisher & Paykel seems dead... probably time to replace anyway. PC Richards they have excellent 4.3 star reviews but check the same model on Amazon, literally 1 star reviews- ever model I checked, scares the hell out of me.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
There is usually a very easy fix on washers, there is really nothing to them, did you look into getting it fixed? I had to do some repairs on my Maytag about 8 years ago, not a hiccup since then.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There is usually a very easy fix on washers, there is really nothing to them, did you look into getting it fixed? I had to do some repairs on my Maytag about 8 years ago, not a hiccup since then.
"Very easy" for a guy with a toolbox and very easy for a 4 foot 10" 65 year old woman are two different things.

Looks like we're going with GE GTW680BSJWS.

Can be here tomorrow.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I've always been told that washers and dryers should be the simplest, most basic one from a brand you've heard of. Less to go wrong.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Honestly, I'd go to an appliance store and look at last year's model floor model, top of the line. You'd be surprised what they have on special and ask for scratch and dent shit. You could wind up with a top notch washer for $500 or less.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Or something that a crack ho pushed down the steps. I've seen some rather nasty things in the clearance aisle.