• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cord has been cut..

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
I haven't paid for cable since 2009 I miss a few channels, but not enough to pay for it again. If/when they ever work out a-la carte options, I'll sign back up.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Have the cord cut now too. Running a very large antenna in the attic, got quite a few channels. I have an Apple TV, and 4 Rokus, Sony BD and an old PS3. Oh yea, I pay for Sling TV to get ESPN for MNF and Amazon Prime. Dropped Netflix because it just seems scaled down...My only problem is the Saturday night Football late season, Can't get NFL network. I get it on my Verizon phone but they don't let you do it on your IPAD and the rotten fawkers actually block you from mirroring to Apple TV. Any idea's?

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I find the video quality is better on PSVue. Sling would randomly switch to a lower resolution, Vue doesn't do that.

Vue has a free 7 day trial just like the others. I read bad things about DirecTV Now and didn't bother trying it, I am happy with Vue. Get my local FOX Sports, too.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Some people are saying all the NFL Network games are on Twitter. Last time I tried it was a convoluted mess.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I don't know what I care less about, the NFL, or Twitter.

Viacom pulled all their channels off Vue a few weeks ago, so if you want to watch Spike or the racist MTV crap you're out of luck.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I don't know what I care less about, the NFL, or Twitter.

Viacom pulled all their channels off Vue a few weeks ago, so if you want to watch Spike or the racist MTV crap you're out of luck.

I don't have a twitter acct. that I know of. I'm just trying to get the most for nothing like any good cord cutter.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I ran Sling while in the rental. Meh. You had to get 5+ packages to get the major broadcasting stations and ESPN.

I have DTV and the NFL ticket (promo for signing up). Much better than Sling. Aren't all NFL Network games on CBS now?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There is a twitter app for Android from both Google and Amazon app store that allows you to watch NFL relatively easy, not sure about Roku or Apple but probably about the same. If you want it why not free from Twitter?

John

Transplant
VIP
I ran Sling while in the rental. Meh. You had to get 5+ packages to get the major broadcasting stations and ESPN.

I have DTV and the NFL ticket (promo for signing up). Much better than Sling. Aren't all NFL Network games on CBS now?
LOL no

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
There are a bunch of games on tomorrow. Not sure what network they are on. I'm covered for all the broadcast OTA networks. The Sling fills in the ESPN gap and the Amazon Prime covers most of my movie needs. The Roku will let you search everyone and most movies are available for rental. My wish list is to view more NHL games and NFL network. Again I get all the NFL Network games on my Verizon phone but the SOB's have some code that won't let me mirror the game to my TV. I'm determined to get the NFL network and it's games onto my TV.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Also primarily use my old HP desktop with tuner card for my DVR, still use windows media center and I also have an infrared remote. I also have the sling app on the PC. Nice to have a remote to run the Media Center.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Still no

It was on NBC last night
Point being, I don't think the NFL Network has any NFL Network only games this year. The big boys ponied up coin to broadcast the games. As they should. I thing NBC and CBS partnered on the deal.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Point being, I don't think the NFL Network has any NFL Network only games this year. The big boys ponied up coin to broadcast the games. As they should. I thing NBC and CBS partnered on the deal.

Last Saturday's game was NFL only. At least I didn't see it on the TV guide.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Yeah, just looked at ESPN and there are two games this week on NFL Network... Bengals/Texans & Ravens/Steelers. I have the NFL Network, but usually just roll the Red Zone. I guess there are a few games that are NFL Network only. I believe I've watched all of the Thursday games on other networks.