• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

networking equipment

Ardvark

Ran cat 6 and coax to every room in my house. My son uses his for Xbox and that is it. Waste of time and money
Invest in killer wifi and be done with it

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Ran cat 6 and coax to every room in my house. My son uses his for Xbox and that is it. Waste of time and money
Invest in killer wifi and be done with it
I have three of my 5 WAPs sitting in my office...

Going to do an AC AP upstairs, in master bedroom, and in the living room. Then doing an older BGN AP in the garage and probably another older one outside on the patio.

Worth noting that the network drops are mainly for my own uses. I want to be able to put my TV/Xbox/HTPC/Desktop/Desk/headless equipment/etc wherever I want without having to rely on wireless. Network cameras using POE, game systems, NAS, future devices, all of it. I prefer not to rely on wifi if I don't have to. Would rather hardwire my Xbox than have it on Wifi. By design, Wifi devices must accept interference. Less of that when hardwired.

Last edited:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'd definitely want my devices hard wired where you're able. Streaming to the TV with a hard line is so much better.