• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Watering Trees

erikrs301

luhlz, manufacturing
Soaker hose wrapped around ball or trickle the end of the hose on each for about a hour or more. You need to soak all the way into the entire ball, running the hose on top for 30 seconds like you're watering some flowers of a small shrub isn't going to soak in enough and will tend to run off.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
New trees are planted. How do you tell how much and how often should they be watered?

Depends on where you're at. Some trees I can't plant in the summer cuz the rootball can't take up water fast enough in the heat. Damn jap maples.

erikrs301

luhlz, manufacturing
If you've already bought it, get it in the ground NOW and water profusely. Once July hits, I don't like planting anything because of the heat. If you can hold off, do so until fall.

RhodeIslandRed

The man, myth and legend©
I just planted a river birch - fathers day gift from the kiddos. I have been watering twice a day. I planted a small one last fall and I didn't think it made it as it didn't bud at all this spring but now I am seeing some shoots coming up from the base. I hope this one does better.