• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

IT Certs....what you have?

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
Only a few of the Cisco certs are worth anything anymore. Those with hands on lab exams are really the only ones that mean anything to all the shops I've worked in around here.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Some folks still give even paper certs value though. Rather than considering a prospective hire's skills and experience, they use whether that person has a certain cert as a filtering tool meaning a qualified person will get rejected while the idiot gets the job.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
For my company get to partnerships and pricing with vendors, we need a certain amount of certs through them. That and it shows our clients we are capable of installing that vendors hardware/software.

scott00tj

The Missing Goonie
VIP
None, never had a reason to get them and now don't see them making much of a difference.
I don't really need them for my current job either, but should something happen and I have to go job hunting it's something I need to look into...

Of course if I went job hunting I doubt it would be in the IT field anyway.

Cayuse

Working to live
I don't really need them for my current job either, but should something happen and I have to go job hunting it's something I need to look into...

Of course if I went job hunting I doubt it would be in the IT field anyway.
I'm figuring that if I go job hunting contacts will get me in the door rather than letters on a resume.