• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep Wrangler pickup and baby Wrangler in the works?

A 4 door wrangler rubicon pick-up would likely get me back into a Jeep. The bed doesn't need to be huge, anything over 5' would work. An Avalanche style mid-gate would be icing on the cake.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
A 4 door wrangler rubicon pick-up would likely get me back into a Jeep. The bed doesn't need to be huge, anything over 5' would work. An Avalanche style mid-gate would be icing on the cake.
yuck

That thing would be enormous

Ralph

VIP
yuck

Yup.

Mine would be a Jeep Green X edition with a two-door extended cab, Jesús motor, and Manuél transmision. If it's out when I replace the ZJ, it would be top on the list.

yuck

Not enormous, but bigger than an existing 4-door Wrangler. My ideal would be something on par or slightly smaller than my H3T, noticeably smaller than a Chevy Avalanche or any full size quad cab pick-up. I'm thinking Nissan Frontier/Chevy Colorado/Toyota Tacoma size but perhaps a smaller bed. I use my truck bed often enough that I don't really want to do without one, but something even as small as 5' would take care of 90% of my needs.

Ralph

VIP
Not enormous, but bigger than an existing 4-door Wrangler. My ideal would be something on par or slightly smaller than my H3T, noticeably smaller than a Chevy Avalanche or any full size quad cab pick-up. I'm thinking Nissan Frontier/Chevy Colorado/Toyota Tacoma size but perhaps a smaller bed. I use my truck bed often enough that I don't really want to do without one, but something even as small as 5' would take care of 90% of my needs.
Ford made one of those for several years. It's called an Explorer Sport Trac.

Ford made one of those for several years. It's called an Explorer Sport Trac.
I thought those had more like a 4' bed... Still though, I could probably make something like that work and is inline with what I'd want in a Wrangler Pick-up.

John

Transplant
VIP
In that case, I'd just buy another 4 door Frontier and put an ARB up front. I'm sure the Tacoma has an ARB avail as well so that's another good option.

Ralph

VIP
In that case, I'd just buy another 4 door Frontier and put an ARB up front. I'm sure the Tacoma has an ARB avail as well so that's another good option.
Good used Frontys are damn near unobtanium - at least around here. I would be happy to replace the ZJ with one but it'd take me 4 years to find one that fits my wants.

timmo

VIP
:agree: Just bought a "slightly used" 2012 crew cab Fronty SV. 59" bed. Jeepless for the first time since 1996.

John

Transplant
VIP
I liked that, although I traded in pretty much the same truck ('09) for an Xterra since the bed was so useless and the Xterra worked better for my uses.

John

Transplant
VIP
Good used Frontys are damn near unobtanium - at least around here. I would be happy to replace the ZJ with one but it'd take me 4 years to find one that fits my wants.
That's because not many people in MI buy foreign cars to begin with. I'd take my search online.