• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ready to throw my HTC One X out the window part 2

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I see this post this morning

Jelly Bean Update Now Available for HTC One X

So I think :party:

First off, the instructions are slightly wrong - my phone does not have an "About Phone" choice, it has "About" or "AT&T software update." The latter offers a Check for Updates option, which I click.

It told me I needed to be connected to WiFi. But I was connected. So I restarted it. Now if I tap Check for Updates, nothing happens at all. I can tell I'm clicking it - it it "moves" a little.

:headpop:

Any ideas?

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I see this post this morning

Jelly Bean Update Now Available for HTC One X

So I think :party:

First off, the instructions are slightly wrong - my phone does not have an "About Phone" choice, it has "About" or "AT&T software update." The latter offers a Check for Updates option, which I click.

It told me I needed to be connected to WiFi. But I was connected. So I restarted it. Now if I tap Check for Updates, nothing happens at all. I can tell I'm clicking it - it it "moves" a little.

:headpop:

Any ideas?
OTA's are sent out in batches, you may not be allowed to do it yet. You could find the update on the innergore, save it to your SD card, make sure it's named update.zip, then install in using the recovery mode for your phone (don't know it offhand).

BTW when they updated :wifey:'s thunderturd, the phone when to shit.

Motorola finally announced Razr and Maxx jelly bean update. Phone has been horribly laggy lately, looking forward to update and a factory restore if necessary. I like Chrome, but I think it has been the performance culprit.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Motorola finally announced Razr and Maxx jelly bean update. Phone has been horribly laggy lately, looking forward to update and a factory restore if necessary. I like Chrome, but I think it has been the performance culprit.
as soon as the GS IV hits the streets, my Bionic is GONE. It's been super laggy as well (it's a RAZR with a removable battery)

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Chrome is a pita. It would drag my Nexus 10 to hell and always crashed. I have since installed Dolphin browser on there and it has been more reliable.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
OTA's are sent out in batches, you may not be allowed to do it yet. You could find the update on the innergore, save it to your SD card, make sure it's named update.zip, then install in using the recovery mode for your phone (don't know it offhand).

BTW when they updated :wifey:'s thunderturd, the phone when to shit.
Ah, maybe that's it. I guess I'll wait.

I wonder if this will fix any of the issues I'm having with HTC Sense.

I am very close to buying an iPhlop.

lol...I never have any of these problems with my superior iphone. I just turn it on and it simply works.

it is simple to use, intuitive and offers a ton of features.

I could not be happier with my phone.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
If one has to resort to rooting a phone, thus exposing it to exploits galore, then I'd say it's a POS product. :paper:
I buy nexus devices that work perfectly. I root with three clicks to be able to run programs the iphlop will never be close to having such as arliberator to mirror my phone on my pioneer HU in the rig.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
lol...I never have any of these problems with my superior iphone. I just turn it on and it simply works.

Simple products for simple people. :jump:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist

and does half of what an Android phone will do unless you Jailbreak it :shush:

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
I buy nexus devices that work perfectly. I root with three clicks to be able to run programs the iphlop will never be close to having such as arliberator to mirror my phone on my pioneer HU in the rig.
This is not an iPhone vs Android debate, at least that is not what I am insinuating. I grow tired of iOS, but as I see it, you have root a Droid to get rid of the "problems" or run cool programs that I would never use.

my wife has some piece of shit Samsung junkpile phone. she constantly has to reboot fawkign thing to get it to work. I told her the other day, I don't know why you like having products that don't work. get a fawking iPhone already.

I am sick of paying a data plan for a POS that doesn't work.,