• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL cherokee

John

Transplant
VIP
I understand that, but the fact remains that if you factor in inflation, the pricing isn't out of line from what an '01 XJ cost.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Agreed. I wanted to like it, but the POS kept crashing on me. I had it happen on several cars.

Are you guys forgetting about inflation? An Unlimited Sport starts at $25k msrp.
Yuh. And the touch screen's precision is about as good as pointing at something from across the room. I hate that thing. You end up pressing something five times wondering if it took it, then going five screens deep (about two minutes later) because it finally caught up. I'm a computer guy, and quite good at it -- I know how not to make those mistakes. With that piece of shit I still make them. I despise mom's MKX solely because of that shit-center. Everything else is fantastic, but the vehicle as a whole sucks because of that small part.

John

Transplant
VIP
Why are you so against it? Zomg! It's unibody!
jjj

I can't believe I'm saying this but the styling is growing on me.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
All I've said so far is that it's ugly, and doesn't live up to (my) expectations of the Cherokee name.

Maybe now I know how the hardcore Pontiac guys felt when GM came out with the Daewoo based LeMans.

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
All I've said so far is that it's ugly, and doesn't live up to (my) expectations of the Cherokee name.
The Cherokee name. :eek: :eek:

The XJ was a unibody economy SUV with average stock offroad ability. Lets not get carried away here.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The real Cherokee was a two door full size not a plastic unibody shoebox.

Last edited:

Wagonslayer

I solve problems.
VIP
Unless you're one of those morbidly obese hilljacks who drive up waterfalls n'shit, all you need is ground clearance.