• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Tablets

What do you have, and what are your likes/dislikes?
Looking at a 10" tablet with keyboard to replace the lappy, and download books, post on JUOT (MOST important) and general innerweb, computer stuff.
:wifey: has an Ipad Air, and it's O.K. Just not a fan. Budget is a consideration, as I'm no Wazny.:jump:

GO!

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I've got an Acer Iconia A200 Android tablet, with an add-on Bluetooth keyboard/case. It works fine for apps, internet, e-mail, Kindle books, and so forth. I would use a USB fullsize keyboard if I was going to do any serious typing on it, though, as the Bluetooth keyboard is just too small for comfortable typing. I also would not use it in place of a real laptop, due to the limitations of office programs that run on it. This model has a full sized USB port, which is great for devices and memory sticks to transfer files and so on. The display is good, but not as good as an I-Pad.

It may just be this model, but I can't switch apps to the SD card, so memory is getting short. I can only put data files such as photos, music, documents on the SD card.

All in all, I like it and use it, but it won't replace a laptop.

John

Transplant
VIP
I never really saw the point of tablets till I got an iPad from work. I find myself using it a lot. I only use my work laptop when I need to do a lot of typing.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Got a Nexus 7 and 10. Very good units for 'pure' Android if that's your thing. Samsung note 10 is good for its stylus input ability. All will take a a keyboard via Bluetooth, so finding one that feels comfortable will be your biggest concern. The Nexus devices do not have expandable memory so you get what you get. The others will take up to a 64gb micro SD card if you need more space.

Got a Nexus 7 and 10. Very good units for 'pure' Android if that's your thing. Samsung note 10 is good for its stylus input ability. All will take a a keyboard via Bluetooth, so finding one that feels comfortable will be your biggest concern. The Nexus devices do not have expandable memory so you get what you get. The others will take up to a 64gb micro SD card if you need more space.
Thanks, Woogie.
I'm going to replace the laptop, we have a "Smart" T.V., so I can use that upstairs, but sitting by a fire in the screened porch reading a book, a little net surfing, and maybe the occasional document printing will be pretty much what it's used for. I like the bigger screen, the :wifey: has a Samsung tablet and ipad air.so I've played a little with both. :beerchug:

I've got an Acer Iconia A200 Android tablet, with an add-on Bluetooth keyboard/case. It works fine for apps, internet, e-mail, Kindle books, and so forth. I would use a USB fullsize keyboard if I was going to do any serious typing on it, though, as the Bluetooth keyboard is just too small for comfortable typing. I also would not use it in place of a real laptop, due to the limitations of office programs that run on it. This model has a full sized USB port, which is great for devices and memory sticks to transfer files and so on. The display is good, but not as good as an I-Pad.

It may just be this model, but I can't switch apps to the SD card, so memory is getting short. I can only put data files such as photos, music, documents on the SD card.

All in all, I like it and use it, but it won't replace a laptop.

Thanks, Al.
Appreciate the input.:beerchug: