• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Hot Water Heater Question

dirtrider

We have a six year old state select gas hot water heater. Heats fine gas turns on and off as need. The issue is the vent motor on top won't shut off even after gas has finished heating. It's done this in the past and was the high limit switch. Just replaced and motor is still running.

Any ideas?

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
I had a furnace exhaust vent blower that shut down X minutes after the furnace shut down. Does yours run from temperature? If so, maybe the temp limit is set too low and the heat of the hot water is keeping it tripped.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
Most interesting. I wonder what made the weather change so drastically in NC lately? Sounds horrible to need an auxiliary water heating device. :panic:

It's an auxiliary thing, used in colder climates when a normal water heater can't heat water hot enough for a shower.

dirtrider

Bypassed vacuum switch and burner ignited. Hot shower in the morning. Got to order new switch. Probably a $10 dollar part. If I would had hired plumber probably a $210 dollar part.