• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Motorcycle wipes out in front of my house...

John

Transplant
VIP
Houses cost what in that neighborhood? :rotflmao: Holy shit, I don't know where to start...
:bigrofl:

John

Transplant
VIP
Two homes two doors (and 3 doors) down just sold for $650,000 almost immediately.
I know, but it's nuts. I wouldn't pay $150k. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope you make a lot of money when you sell it.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I threw up a lot at the thought of spending what I did for my house, I'd probably be into projectile vomit AND explosive diarrhea if I spent $600k.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Motorcyclist probably hasn't been riding long. Stomped on the back brake to panic stop and lost control. Probably wasn't hurt badly. Maybe a few scratches.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I threw up a lot at the thought of spending what I did for my house, I'd probably be into projectile vomit AND explosive diarrhea if I spent $600k.

I usually console myself by saying I live in a million dollar house....if it were located in Joe's neighborhood.

makes me feel mo betta. :beerchug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Motorcyclist probably hasn't been riding long. Stomped on the back brake to panic stop and lost control. Probably wasn't hurt badly. Maybe a few scratches.
Riding a bagger brings the "probably hasn't been riding long" part into question, though - a lot of those guys have been riding for decades and would make the same mistake because they're scared shitless of the front brake. It boggles my ****ing mind talking to some of these people now that I have the big bike.

Last edited:

neelandan

Owner of dot net
It has been drilled into beginner's heads that they shouldn't apply the front brake while on a turn.

It is misinterpreted as a blanket ban on the front brake, and they ride blithely on. And stop. Slo - o -o - ly.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
Riding a bagger brings the "probably hasn't been riding long" part into question, though - a lot of those guys have been riding for decades and would make the same mistake because they're scared shitless of the front brake. It boggles my ****ing mind talking to some of these people now that I have the big bike.
All the dirt riders think the same thing. I primarily use my front brake while coming down loose rocky descents and let the engine braking take care of the rear end.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I know, but it's nuts. I wouldn't pay $150k. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope you make a lot of money when you sell it.
It's not so much beauty. Prices are what they are because people need to get to Manhattan. Here you can walk a few blocks to the Long Island Rail Road and it's a 20 to 30 minute ride right into Penn Station. It's not big but you have your own free standing house, a driveway, a garage, a back yard, you can have a garden in the front, your own basement... Yes the mortgage will be $2500 - $3500 (or more) but you need to compare that to your other options. Live in Manhattan itself and you'd be lucky to be living in a 400 square foot cockroach infested studio apartment with at best half a kitchen for $2000. Two bedrooms would easily cost more than my mortgage payment. If you want to raise a family in any resembling a house you need to buy in a place like this.

The guy on the bike ended up yelling at the woman off camera claiming she cut him off. As she was behind him I'm not sure it was relevant, even if it did happen.

Also a police van came down the street and they tried to flag it down but they just kept driving. :rotflmao: The guy on the bike was happy they did.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
That biker may have owned a bike for decades, but that doesn't make him experienced. Typical asshat though. Nobody cut him off, and even if they did, he lost control because he doesn't know how to brake properly.

I've had the rear end step out on me during a panic stop before, but I was also very hard on the front brake. Fortunately for me, I'd been riding for years and managed to keep it under control and actually get off the brakes to maneuver between the two vehicles that were stopped in front of me.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Likely a typical weekend warrior "biker".

And don't those bikes have linked braking anyway?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Likely a typical weekend warrior "biker".

And don't those bikes have linked braking anyway?
It's surprisingly easy to lock up the rear on these beasts. My Vision has the same size tires as my Z, but a compound that lasts about four times as long WHILE shouldering twice the weight. The rear brake is also immensely more effective on them than it is on other styles of bikes. There are times I get home from a ride on the Z and the rear rotor still has surface rust on it. Not so on the Vision - you use both equally if you want effective stopping. Since you use both equally in normal driving, you'll panic on both equally and then your ass is all over the place.

The biggest thing is learning to ride the bike you're riding. That's what most people don't bother to do.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I while back there was a skinny assed dude who put a ginormous Harley on it's side at a stoplight around midnight. He was obviously drunk off his ass and trying desperately to right the bike before the light turned green. Some dude in a pickup jumped out and helped him but my God people, why ride more bike than you can handle just to look cool?

:wtf: