• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Look what I found hanging in my tent garage.

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
State College area has a guy who clears out hornet/wasp nests for free. He takes them home and milks the bastards so he can sell the venom to pharmaceuticals. Been doing it for like 20 years. I used to call him every couple years when yellow jackets would nest in my stone wall.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
State College area has a guy who clears out hornet/wasp nests for free. He takes them home and milks the bastards so he can sell the venom to pharmaceuticals. Been doing it for like 20 years. I used to call him every couple years when yellow jackets would nest in my stone wall.
Well that guy is clearly insane

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
He has a pretty cool system for clearing out the nests. He props a shop vac hose 1" from the nest entrance hole and leaves it run for a few hours. All of the hornets get sucked as they fly by on their daily routine. He has an in-line filter canister in the shop vac hose that collects the hornets. I never asked him how he milks the venum. Maybe he just centrifuges the sons of bitches.

Ralph

VIP
He has a pretty cool system for clearing out the nests. He props a shop vac hose 1" from the nest entrance hole and leaves it run for a few hours. All of the hornets get sucked as they fly by on their daily routine. He has an in-line filter canister in the shop vac hose that collects the hornets. I never asked him how he milks the venum. Maybe he just centrifuges the sons of bitches.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Hornets nest, must go. Spectracide Pro is the shit. White can with red lettering at Home Depot. Make sure it's the Pro. It knocks down the nastiest of hornets and wasps instantaneously and has a great stream distance reach. It's the only spray I'm comfortable using in broad daylight. No need for night dormant time. Plus the stuff lasts for over a year. I doused the hell out of our tack shed last summer and still no hornets this year. First time hornet free since we moved here in 2011. Get a couple of cans and spray the shit out of that hornets nest. I've had a hell of a time with hornets here.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Found a nest like that in my yard. They stung the hell out of potential buyers of the house. I then killed them all with some spray.

dirtrider

I use Bengal Foaming Hornet and Wasp Killer. Wait till after dark and spray into hole. Shit foams up and creates a seal trapping those fawkers inside. No mess and no worry of hundreds of dead hornets on the ground to clean up.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Not one place in town has wasp spray, how can an entire town sell out of wasp spray?

Went out this morning and the hive was on the ground, had high wind and rain last night that must have dislodged it. The remaining wasp where busy at work rebuilding.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Not one place in town has wasp spray, how can an entire town sell out of wasp spray?

Went out this morning and the hive was on the ground, had high wind and rain last night that must have dislodged it. The remaining wasp where busy at work rebuilding.
Burn that whole fawking area down, fawk that shit.