• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Windows 10

neevo

Limey Hippo
I "reserved" my copy a few weeks ago. How do I un-reserve it and get out of the auto-overnight-update?
You just need to unistall the update that brought the introduction to you. I forget the KB number but if you go into progs and show updates installed you should b able to locate it though a quick google would be simpler. I suspect that there's a M$ FixIt button on their site to do the necessary

How long do you have to go back to the previous version? I might try tonight and see how it goes over the weekend. I really dislike Windows 8.1.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
30 days and it is just a mouse click or two. Longer than that, still possible, just not as simple.

How long do you have to go back to the previous version? I might try tonight and see how it goes over the weekend. I really dislike Windows 8.1.

30 days and it is just a mouse click or two. Longer than that, still possible, just not as simple.
Thanks, that is perfect. It wont take me long to figure out if it will work or not, just dont want to get stuck because wifey has to have it Monday. Good old job.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
MSDN Subscription FTW.

Downloading Enterprise edition for a couple of VMs, will install home edition on my daughters' laptops this weekend, if I get a chance.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
I found a never opened Windows 95 OS package and license a couple of weeks ago. Cleaning out some drawers in the office.
Hang on to that. It's unbelievable what becomes a collector's item in the future. Still in the shrink-wrap and in a good box, some nerd-turd will pay a couple hundred bucks to have that as cubicle art.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
MSDN Subscription FTW.

Downloading Enterprise edition for a couple of VMs, will install home edition on my daughters' laptops this weekend, if I get a chance.
Wish MSDN were in my price range. :( I have SA for a non-profit I support so I'll pull it down for them soon.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Hang on to that. It's unbelievable what becomes a collector's item in the future. Still in the shrink-wrap and in a good box, some nerd-turd will pay a couple hundred bucks to have that as cubicle art.
I think I might've tossed it, but it could be back in the drawer. Will check Monday.