• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

who has upgraded to win 10?

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Upgraded both of our Dell laptops. Works great so far.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
failed install on the Dell XPS, twice. haven't pissed with it since.

Successful install first time around on Dell OptiPlex. Been running it since August 1st. Pretty smooth as far as upgrades go. It's better than 8.1 but not so sure it's better than 7.

I haven't really had a chance to explore all the features yet. The new E browser crashes a lot. You have less features like themes, wallpapers... and no screensaver. Overall I like it okay, not going back to 7 on this machine. (you have 30 days to bail)

Be AWARE with 10, you no longer have control over your PC. MS controls all updates, AV, security etc. Windows explorer is gone too.

Stay with win7. I don't find win10 to be bad enough to go through the hassle of switching back, but I like win7 better overall.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Don't plan on upgrading for several more months- let them get all the bugs worked out.
:agree:
This has been the rule for any M$ upgrade since win95

The only time to break this is if you have a 2nd, non-essential PC to risk installing it on

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
For stability's sake, give it another six months. If you like to take chances, it's not that bad.

For security's sake, drop Windows 7. It's had a good run, but under the hood, the protections Windows 10 (and even 8.1) offer over Windows 7 are significantly improved - and becoming increasingly necessary.

Extra credit: Don't install Flash. Just do without it. Period.

Ralph

VIP
No issues with it so far. I upgraded my Surface Pro right away and liked it enough that I did the main machine 2 days later. I really like the improved memory management compared to Win7.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Fine so far, Windows explorer was just renamed file explorer, it's still there. God mode works the same if you like to use that.

I had one little glitch where everything was loading, lasted a couple days and went away.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Purchased a new desktop to replace my old XP machine. 8.1 was loaded when I got it, first thing I did was the upgrade to 10, so no experience with 8.1. Upgrade worked just fine, no issues with 10 except getting used to it from XP. A couple of my older programs will not run with 10, that ran on XP.

Wife has a laptop with 7 on it, we have requested the 10 upgrade but not heard from MS yet. Been a while, think I need to try again. She uses it very little and will have trouble with the interface, but will have to get over it.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
Wife has a laptop with 7 on it, we have requested the 10 upgrade but not heard from MS yet. Been a while, think I need to try again. She uses it very little and will have trouble with the interface, but will have to get over it.
You don't have to wait for them to give it to you. You can go download it and install it.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
I don't use my personal computer for much... Mostly surfing the web and email so no concerns for loaded software not functioning. I skipped all upgrades between 7 & 10 as I hated the interface with 8.

Will likely give it a shot later tonight.