• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Plumbing Woes

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Regarding how it got there - I'll bet someone was replacing the flange and/or wax ring under one of the toilets and tried to sit that decorative item over the hole so it wouldn't stink up the room only to find that it was small enough to fall in. It was sitting on the toilet or somewhere nearby and looked like it would do the job. I expect that level of dipshittery is much more common than mal-intent -- you have to ask yourself if the odds of someone taking a pot/vase/urn somewhere to try to ruin their plumbing is more likely than someone ****ing up while working on something (probably after several beers and his wife bitching in his ear.)

I'll bet the wife in this story still wonders where the **** that went, and that dude still swears he doesn't know what she's talking about.
This sounds easily 95% plausible

Spoken from experience of messing shit up? :pirate:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
You know it went quickly, too. And a buddy was there.

"Hand me that vase"

"Here you go"

"Yeah, that'll wor...awww shit"

"What?"

"Nothing. See if you can find something to stop this pipe up with."

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
They're coming out tomorrow with yet another style snake.
A root cutter bit on a high pressure water jet would be the best bet - that is probably what they are bringing out tomorrow. If you are lucky, the cutter bit will flop around, catch a flange the right way and mangle the vase. Might destroy the cutter bit too, but that is still cheaper than excavating.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Update:

as it turns out, it was not metal at all. It was the rubber balloon part of a plumbing pressure leak tester like this one.

basically, this screws into the clean-out and you blow up that balloon with air to block the drains so that you can look for drain leaks. the plumber said that unless you let the air out of those things slowly, the pressure from the water can rip the balloon right off, which is probably exactly what happened. They were able to push it into the main line using 160' of snake with a large cutting bit on the end.

I have seen more of my waste line than I ever thought I would, three days and three cameras worth of snakes and jet liners. At least we know the drain is clear now. :thup2:

For future reference, not sure if anybody uses them, but do NOT flush the flushable butt wipes down the tubes. they will eventually cause a blockage because they do not break down like TP.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
How much did this fiasco end up costing? I know anytime we had the guy show up with the camera system at Chili's it was expensive. So was the jet lining.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
How much did this fiasco end up costing? I know anytime we had the guy show up with the camera system at Chili's it was expensive. So was the jet lining.
We basically paid for the jet lining and one snaking - all told about $3,800. Initial Saturday visit was $400, Jet lining was $3,400. They didn't charge us for the 8 hours two plumbers were at the house yesterday.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
that's one MOTHER of a BUTT PLUG !!!1

I did enjoy Brandons urn scenario tho, never would have taken that approach.

I was more like the "take that you son of a bitch" scenario.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Unfortunately Bob, we didn't get to keep it, or should I say fortunately... The one pictured was posted for illustrative purposes.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
contact previous owners and say all is good buuutt......

do you guys recall losing any special toys? :shush:

and before you answer, we already know more about you than we ever wanted to. :shush: