• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

XJunk death wobble

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
And I've said it 100 times before: unless the "DW" makes you shit your pants, pull over , and yell "WHAT THE FAWK WAS THAT!" It isn't death wobble.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
And I've said it 100 times before: unless the "DW" makes you shit your pants, pull over , and yell "WHAT THE FAWK WAS THAT!" It isn't death wobble.
The only time I've shit my pants wasn't in the jeep (of course) it was in a buddies 3/4 dodge pickup that death wobbled right off the fawking freeway towing a giant trailer. The DW in the Cherokee only happens with the stab worn out and it's very mild. Also it never happened until the BB was put in, I'm sure that fawks the geometry up a little.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I've had passengers try to open the door and bail before. They didn't know WTF was happening, but they wanted nothing to do with whatever it was. :rotflmao:

Ralph

VIP
When you start getting into older vehicles, a steering stabilizer is a good thing. You can have multiple parts individually worn but not out of tolerance. The aggregate of those can cause front end issues. On top of that, it can be hard as **** to find the stock size tire (usually 225/75-15 or 16) for ZJ/WJ/XJ, and they've often been upsized (mine were 235/75-15 on the ZJ and 245/75-16 on the WJ). Extra tire weight does not help the issue.

Long story short, I believe in steering stabilizers for stock DD ZJ/WJ/XJs. No, it's not a substitute for proper maintenance, but it's a part of a system.

If you've torn into your front end and properly rebuilt it with new shit, it's a different story.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
I didn't run one on my TJ, not necessary on a RIG with good components. That said, like mentioned, check the components to make sure they are good first before the band aid SS.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I get a shimmy at 55 when the tires are cold regardless of what tires are mounted. It's irrigating.

I did have crappy handling when I bought it but new track bar, ball joints, and new shocks did the trick.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Looked at it tonight. Owner neglected to mention that he just moved here from Milwaukee and that the Jeep has very little factory steel left on it. Even for $1500 it was not worth it.