• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Looked at a niner last night

To replace everything that's sold. Presented very nice outside and in, but what's visible of the rockers under the cladding is signs of rust and rot there. A shame.

Ralph

VIP
Well no shit.... the newest niner is 18 years old now. All of them that have spent any time north of the mason dixon line have rust issues.

You find rust free vehicles every now and then - my cummins is an example. Most 2nd gen dodges are Swiss cheese.

I'm actually considering the niner anyway - but I'm torn between spending cheap money or just getting a wk hemi.

Ralph

VIP
If I was gonna do something like that, I'd spend the time to look for a real clean one. And northern vehicles don't come in "rust free" flavor unless they've yet to see their first winter.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
You know we all just joke about NINERs, right? We aren't serious in that anyone should actually have one.

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
Be sure to put it in a museum. Niners are very rare and coveted by auto enthusiasts.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've still got a NINERango sitting in a used car parking lot if you want to buy it for $5k. 2002 SLT 4x4 with 71k :clapping:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
At least it could fit an average sized adult in one of those.
and they had real truck frames, bigger rear axle and a third row

MY brother used it as a second vehicle for a few years and replaced it with a deezuhl benzo GL. now it has a leaking head gasket waiting on some * to buy it off a buddies used lot :jump:

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
I don't think anything in the auto world is coveted more than the Jeep ZJ. Great 18 yr old investment pieces. Coveted for their strong unibody, reliable transmissions, reliable HVAC, bullet proof Quadra Trac and floor registers on the hood!!