• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Leave it to the Japanese to screw up Scrabbled Eggs

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I like to crack mine right into a skillet of bacon grease and just give 'em a whack or 2 as they cook.:bacon:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
And they looked like utter crap before he added that and the other doctoring he did.
They were still soft and probably would've become more solid had he not incessantly stirred like a whack job on speed the entire time.

I have a feeling they're good. When I worked overseas the restaurant I frequented for breakfast made a similar dish and it was outstanding.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
can't help but think he made it 10 times harder than it need be.

On the heat, off the heat, on the heat, off the heat. He even burned his fricken toast. :naw:

bunnygal

titz' clitz' bong hitz'
That looks awful. I try not to brag about my awesomeness too often, but my scrambled eggs and/or omelets are the ****ING BOMB. Come visit hotel B-LOVE, you'll lose your shit in the morning.
I make a killer omelet but I can't make sunny side up to save my life ...

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Apparently she's Korean, not Japanese. Like Columbus I just assumed she was what I thought she was.

bunnygal

titz' clitz' bong hitz'
I tried that. They're more palatable than most scrambled eggs being more fluffy than the norm. That said, I still maintain that scrambled eggs are the "well done steak with ketchup" of breakfast.

You're cooking with too much heat.
What temp is it supposed to cook? I just want runny eggs lol . Someone said use water and a lid .

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
We are pretty serious about eggs... We roll farm fresh eggs straight from our coop out back. Our chickens are free range.

Hens:
2 Bielefelder
4 Rhodebar
1 Creme Legbar

Cock(s):
1 Bielefelder

We get around 5 large (2 XL & 3 LG) eggs per day. While I am impressed with the Rhodebars, my intent is to go 100% Bielefelder and phase out the Rhodebars and Legbar.

Scrambled eggs are great. To be honest, I've yet to find an egg prepared in such a way I didn't like it.

Egg nog? 2 raw eggs into a tall glass, half full of milk, add a splash of vanilla extract, a little nutmeg, fill remainder of glass with milk for mixing effect and pound down. **** that shit in the store.

What temp is it supposed to cook? I just want runny eggs lol . Someone said use water and a lid .
Electric or gas range? Are you putting the egg in a pan that's hot and it sizzles immediately? If so, you'll over cook or scorch them. A lid will cause the "sunniness" yolk to cloud over because it heats up the outermost membrane over the yolk. Also, it will do the same to the runny white you want and firm it up. I sometimes do this to avoid others bitching about sunny side up eggs because I like them a little runny in the white. A true sunny side up has a bright runny yolk and the top part of the white is just set without a scorched bottom from the pan. Runny is observed as the top part of the white will have a clear giggly membrane while in the pan, kind of like runny snot.