• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Powerline Wireless.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
I'm using it for my AppleTV in my upstairs room which is too bad wireless reception from the rest of the house. Works great.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They work. You'll want to make sure they're all on the same main breaker. If you have multiple panels, you could have issues. Also, consider your traffic and the fact that they essentially act like hubs. You're not going to want a bunch of devices connected to the power line portion of the network.

I have powerline adapters, they work surprisingly well. I don't know what true max LAN speed I get, but speedtest.net maxes out my internet connection at 130mb/s.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
They work. You'll want to make sure they're all on the same main breaker. If you have multiple panels, you could have issues. Also, consider your traffic and the fact that they essentially act like hubs. You're not going to want a bunch of devices connected to the power line portion of the network.
Gracias. :beerchug:

Depending on your wiring, you can have a situation where one outlet in a room is significantly faster than the next plug over in the same room. I've also read that some electronic devices can have a big impact on speed when running. For whatever reason, I've seen a lot of people saying when they charge their cell phone with a wall wart they notice a big slowdown.

It's also worth nothing that you REALLY want one of the newer MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) setups. It uses the 3rd wire for a second path (or is it 2 more paths?) with beamforming and it really does double the speed.

Compared to wifi, it's not just faster throughput but it's also MUCH lower ping/latency/lag time.