• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Anyone know where I can find this jeep part?

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
The old man said he'd need either the worn parts or a dimensioned sketch. You'd need to take measurements with calipers. He did say you should vacuum your Jeep.

jjj

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
These are the measurements I was able to get.
Do you need the bolt too, or just the bushing?
There's one dimension missing on the bushing drawing: what is either the width of the flange, or the width of the cut-down area next to it, the shoulder? It might be half the bushing thickness, but we don't know that for sure.

:beerchug:

Last edited:

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP

I can't tell if my bushing is mangled or there's supposed to be a lip on top of the small side of the bushing.

If anyone has a tj with seats that don't wobble would you pull one out and post a pic or let me know if there's supposed to be a lip? I have the bolts but all 4 of my bushings are shot. The driver side is worse than the passenger side.

Last edited:

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
If he's interested I will find a good usable one to replicate.
I can't tell if my bushing is mangled or there's supposed to be a lip on top of the small side of the bushing.

If anyone has a tj with seats that don't wobble would you pull one out and post a pic or let me know if there's supposed to be a lip? I have the bolts but all 4 of my bushings are shot. The driver side is worse than the passenger side.
Can you actually find a good one to duplicate? It's starting to sound like you don't have any good ones available. To my eye, it does look like there should be a narrow lip opposite the heavy flange and next to the groove. But of course I can't really tell. So if you need an actual replica part, you'll have to find out for sure. On the other hand, you might be able to make something up from hardware store parts that will work, like the guy did who you linked to in your original post. Keep us informed on progress with this.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I think there is a small lip there too but it doesn't seem like it's a vital part of the design. The bushing is clamped between the bolt head and another piece of the seat bracket. I don't think it will go anywhere. Jays89YJ is speaking with his dad about machining a handful for me.

And yeah, all of mine are shot and I don't know anyone else who owns a TJ.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
That lip just looks like deformity from wear to me.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It seems like the bushing would be the exact height of the shoulder on the bolt and they the plastic was worn and spread out from sliding against the steel seat bracket.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It seems like the bushing would be the exact height of the shoulder on the bolt and they the plastic was worn and spread out from sliding against the steel seat bracket.
Same thought process.

Is it odd that you have the diameter of the bushing measured a cock-hair larger than the groove it rides in?

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Same thought process.

Is it odd that you have the diameter of the bushing measured a cock-hair larger than the groove it rides in?
I thought so too but it is slightly oblong so I'm thinking the bushing is just mangled. There are spots where I can measure it and it is significantly smaller in diameter than the slot. I'd rather it be a little larger and have to sand it down than smaller and still be stuck with a wobbly seat.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I thought so too but it is slightly oblong so I'm thinking the bushing is just mangled. There are spots where I can measure it and it is significantly smaller in diameter than the slot. I'd rather it be a little larger and have to sand it down than smaller and still be stuck with a wobbly seat.
Good call. If he makes it out of Delrin you probably won't have to replace it ever again anyway, which will be awesome.

So does this make your seat wobble while you're in it, or just when it's folded and slid forward?

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
When my big ass is in it it wobbles a bit and I can grab it and shake it. Also the passenger seat rattles when no one is sitting in it.