• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon releases new QUAD CORE Fire TV Stick

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
$39.99
Voice remote searching now includes and Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, and HBO content, plus Amazon Alexa support.

All-New Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote - Streaming Media Stick

• The next generation of our bestselling Fire TV Stick. The most powerful with the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search of any streaming media stick–now with the Alexa Voice Remote.
  • Enjoy over 7,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
  • Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, “Play Game of Thrones” or “Launch Netflix” and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more—just ask.
  • No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to Sling TV, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
  • Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 90 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video
  • Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, members can add over 70 premium and specialty channels like STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
  • Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug Fire TV Stick into any TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi, and continue watching.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
box > stick
Agreed for the two facts 1) you can use a wired ethernet connection and 2) you can increase memory with a USB flash drive or SD card (depending on the box) but it is more money.

If you're only going to be using wifi and are only interested in TV and very basic gaming this new stick is a great value.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No. Amazon Prime is not required. You can access Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Video purchases, all without having an Amazon Prime subscription- not to mention whatever else you install.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've used the fire stick and the $35 fire tablet quite a bit. The tablet will download amazon shows to it and fits in a pocket. I loaded it up with Bosch and watch the series flying to vegas and back this summer. If it breaks, I'll throw it in the gutter and go buy another.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No VPN here. I really only use Kodi/SPMC for local content and generally legal plugins (like NASA and the Networks.) I question the need for a VPN if only using plugins that download content and don't upload in a torrent-like approach.

VPN is unnecessary unless you are hitting P2P sites or otherwise downloading. This includes torrent downloads and P2P streams like streamtorrent, sopcast and acestream. Just viewing a stream is a grey area and as far as I'm aware nobody has ever been prosecuted for it. If you download a copyrighted video (make a reproducible copy) or use a P2P streaming service (become a distributor) then you have broken the law.

Personally I don't bother messing with any of that. I pay around $45 a month for various legal streaming services and have access to more movie and tv shows than I could ever watch. Hassle free and generally better quality.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I use the stick for watchespn app, netflix, and amazon prime stuff. I cant see any real reason to ever deal with torrents now.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
VPN is unnecessary unless you are hitting P2P sites or otherwise downloading.
I don't use torrents shit at all....ever. And I don't download.

I want to ditch my sat service but still be able to get my Denver Broncos games in the fall/winter, which I am paying out the ass for.

The end game is to mostly cut the cord.

I don't use torrents shit at all....ever. And I don't download.

I want to ditch my sat service but still be able to get my Denver Broncos games in the fall/winter, which I am paying out the ass for.

The end game is to mostly cut the cord.
Sounds like all you need is kodi/spmc + SportsDevil. Quality can kinda crap though.

I get all local stations over the air (powered antenna) and I have Sling.TV which covers ESPN. This is everything I'd get over cable. When I was a cable subscriber I decided I'd never go back to sat tv, let alone pay the ridiculous price for Sunday Ticket for the few games I'd watch and don't already get.

There is always NFL GamePass - $100/year lets you watch every game on lots of devices. The catch is you can't watch them live. Thursday/Saturday/Sunday games are available after all games that day have been played and Monday night games are available the next day. Now it's time to come full circle.... The International version of NFL Game Pass lets you stream games live if you are outside the US - which is where a VPN comes in.