• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Top Gear (USA)

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The new season started last night on History... Wasn't one of their best episodes but hoping for a good season. :beerchug:

Well, I can say it HAS to be better then the shitty episode I watched last year....couldn't make it all the way through the whole show.

Last season was great- what episode did you see?
They all got beater cars....something about a fake cop pulling them over??????????

as I said, I couldn't get through it....maybe it is the hosts, just didn't like it.

BUT do like concept/wanted to like it since I like the UK version.

neevo

Limey Hippo
i find the bearded wonder does little to interest me. I like Tanner, and especially the NY Comedian for his comments

John

Transplant
VIP
Figures that the Brit with no sense of humor would think Adam is funny.
jjj

Although I am partial to Rutledge since he went to the HS I would have gone to if I went public. He was class president.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Figures that the Brit with no sense of humor would think Adam is funny.
jjj

Although I am partial to Rutledge since he went to the HS I would have gone to if I went public. He was class president.
Typical that you would like someone for what he was and not what he is now :rolleyes:

John

Transplant
VIP
Looks like next week they have SUVs... Couldn't tell which ones- saw an FJ Cruiser... maybe an Xterra?
I haven't seen it. Tanner always picks something with power RWD and manual so I could see him picking a second gen manual.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It was a great episode... Land Rover vs. Jeep "Brute" vs. stock 2014 FJ Cruiser.

The FJ Cruiser was impressive.

Sedona to Grand Canyon- God's country.

Jesus Christ

BANNED!
Why not watch the UK Top Gear with a small American flag above your TV?

That way you won't have to watch a poor imitation that should have been dragged into a field and shot in the back of the head, left in a shallow grave for 8 months, dragged back to the surface and left for insects to feast on.

I'm not saying the American version is abysmal but I don't know how to end this sentence!

neevo

Limey Hippo
TG USA is just the road trip version of the UK TG
I think other US car shows tried to be nearer to TG format but seem to have failed.

I've enjoyed both shows this season but the Sedona show may not have allowed them to us electronic comms but it was absolutely scripted throughout - why do they need to pretend otherwise :shrug: