• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Shopping List app that doesn't require full internet access?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Mom finally decided to try a basic android smart phone but doesn't want to pay for a data plan so just has wifi at home. Anyone know of a shopping list app where she can enter info maybe on a webpage and it sends it to her device before she leaves the house so she doesn't need to use mobile data while at the store?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Even as an IT geek I would reach for pen and paper before my phone to make a quick grocery list.
Yes but it is clear she has about a 50% chance of forgetting to bring a paper list and a much smaller chance of forgetting to bring her phone.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I use Mighty Grocery List, free version. It runs slowly, but is a good shopping list app. I think it's on Google Play, but might possibly be Amazon Apps. There is no need for internet access at any time when using this app, except if you get the paid version and want to use some of the features there.

Ardvark

Don't listen to them

Use Gtasks or evetnote.

All of you can have the same acct on all of your devices and you can add something to the list and it shows up on her phone

With Gtasks on her android you can create a widgwt that she can cross things off the list as she's buying them but if it is a common item that you buy every trip like oreos. Then you can go back into the app and just uncheck the items when your making a new list instead of retyping it all and it will show back up on your widget list

Ardvark

Plus with the proper setup you can do voice activation and just say add bread to shopping list on G task and it will do that instead of having a call or find notepad and pencil and write it all down