• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Will the Jeep Pickup bring you back to Jeep?

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I think he's wrong, but he's thinking a new Jeep truck won't be popular enough to go more than a few years, and that anyone wanting one better get in fast.

After watching the new Cherokees get delayed and recalled over the 9 speed issues, and problems with the Dart, I agree with your opinion.

Pops said that working for the Germans was worse than working for the French and he was long gone before Cerberus and then Sergio took over...

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
We like the old ones because of the jeep factor, but they were behind the time when compared to the fords and gms of their day.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Well yeah. Truck with minor changes from what, '64 to '87 and then '91 for Grand Wags?

AMC made the most of what they had. Hornet becomes a quasi-luxury Concord? We had a Hornet when I was around five...when I was 13 or so my grandmother bought a Concord and even then I knew it was pretty much the same car.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
We like the old ones because of the jeep factor, but they were behind the time when compared to the fords and gms of their day.
The no frills aspect was part of their draw. On my old J10 I could open both doors and take a garden hose to the interior and not hurt a thing. Not a bad thing to be able to do for a farm/work truck.

Mechanical systems were all simple enough for a teenager to maintain without any special tools. It was fun to own and cheap to keep on the road, concepts which I think would sell today. Problem is, it'd probably steal Ram sales, and fiat will never allow that to happen.

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
What's the point of that thing? A tiny bed attached to an uncomfortable chrysler product with 1940's suspension. It will be priced in line with real pickups..

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I saw something on Allpar that speculated the Jeep pickup could be closer to a Ram, with the new Power Wagon suspension.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Sure, 10-15 years down the road, if I'm still kicking enough to buy vehicles, I might be tempted. But by that time, I won't be able to climb into one.
Damn.
:woe:

wank

unknown entity
VIP
like it but at 15k-20k max no jeep should be over that price for what you get. so no. maybe used yrs down the road if they last that long.