• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Disney butchering another classic movie...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
This time it's Pete's Dragon.

Original version released a year before I was born (1977) was one of my favorite movies growing up, the video tape must have been watched a hundred times over 10 years.

At least the new Mary Poppins is a sequel.

God help you if you mess with Bedknobs & Broomsticks. :shakefist:

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Disney bought front projection cameras from the company I worked for to use in promotions for Pete's Dragon. They set up in malls and so forth, advertised that kids could get a photo with Elliot, and shot the photos with front projection. Because of the way the technology worked, nobody could see the dragon image until the photos were returned. Not sure any more if they used instant (Polaroid) or regular film and print technology. Worked well for Disney, and was a good boost in sales for the photo equipment company, as Disney bought several dozen front projection units.