• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Gas range pizza oven

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Still need to try pizza on the grill. BTW - Pillsbury pizza dough sucks.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Put a ceramic pizza stone in your gas grill, preheat slowly to desired temp, cook pizza. Rotate pizza as needed during cooking to reduce effect of hot spots. Excellent!

The stovetop oven in the video looks okay, if it comes with the stone, and I assume it does because it's not going to work without it. 12" is a bit small, though. I'd love to try it on a Coleman stove camping.

Can't get regular oven to 600+ degrees.
Don't most ovens go to 550 or more? While not quite the "up to 600 F" claimed in the video, I can't imagine it's all that different.

Note: It's been almost 20 years since I've had an electric stove and I don't remember max temps of previous gas stoves so maybe I'm wrong?

Either way, I'll take 550 and my much larger pizza stone over the pizza oven in that video for home use. I bet it would be fun for a camping trip over a fire though.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
The pizza conveyor ovens I used at the pizza place I worked at were usually only set between 385-425*. :puzzled:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Put a ceramic pizza stone in your gas grill, preheat slowly to desired temp, cook pizza. Rotate pizza as needed during cooking to reduce effect of hot spots. Excellent!

The stovetop oven in the video looks okay, if it comes with the stone, and I assume it does because it's not going to work without it. 12" is a bit small, though. I'd love to try it on a Coleman stove camping.
I haven't tried the stone on the grill, but I'd like to. I have a stone, I just haven't bothered to try it.

I'd like one of these for tailgating and/or camping -- Italia Pizza Oven

I'd probably use it about twice, but I want one anyway.

John

Transplant
VIP
I need to master the pizza stone on the grill. I got it way too hot last time and torched my pizza.