• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Leftovers on HBO

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
So... season 3 was a year late... but the final episode aired this past weekend and i just watched it.

Without spoilers season 3 was hard to follow, at best, things kind of got nuts, and it made little sense.

That said the final episode was decent. The way they ended it I could respect, the problem was an entire worthless season of unanswered questions that does little or nothing to advance us to the final episode. The unanswered storylines begun in season 3 hurt the show more than help it.
episodes and they could have ended the show with the same ending.

They should have used the 5 or 6 extra episodes to show Nora's travels. That would have made this a great show.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
So... season 3 was a year late... but the final episode aired this past weekend and i just watched it.

Without spoilers season 3 was hard to follow, at best, things kind of got nuts, and it made little sense.

That said the final episode was decent. The way they ended it I could respect, the problem was an entire worthless season of unanswered questions that does little or nothing to advance us to the final episode. The unanswered storylines begun in season 3 hurt the show more than help it.
episodes and they could have ended the show with the same ending.

They should have used the 5 or 6 extra episodes to show Nora's travels. That would have made this a great show.
the awesomeness of that show is completely lost on you. It did have an interesting relationship with plot, which is part of what made it so great.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
the awesomeness of that show is completely lost on you. It did have an interesting relationship with plot, which is part of what made it so great.
Surprised you found the spiritual parts believable enough to be entertaining.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
Surprised you found the spiritual parts believable enough to be entertaining.
I found the human struggle with loss than can't be grieved in regular fashion, i enjoyed the tetering of sci-fi but mostly besides the disappearance it was mostly them all being nuts from the trauma.

Do you think Nora made the story up at the end?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Do you think Nora made the story up at the end?
I was just happy they had her disrobe outside the trailer instead of inside which would have made far more sense.

I have to take her at her word. Although, you'd think if a scientist had found a way to send people back and forth at will he'd share that info. In 50 years maybe the population will be divided between the two Earths.

I'm sure it would be comforting for people on both worlds to know loved ones didn't die.