• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Top Gear America is coming back, but not on History and not with the old hosts...

John

Transplant
VIP
They were working on stuff together after the show. Idk if anything will come of it. Although, Rut just started a new show. Iirc it's on food network.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
They had great chemistry together, which is what was important.
The problem is the original TG... I don't think that chemistry can be recreated. I haven't watched the new BBC TG USA, but I hope they aren't simply trying to replicate original TG like History's version attempted to do.

the new TG UK kind of works because it's a car show with many disparate characters, not three who play off of each other well.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
They had great chemistry together, which is what was important.
I don't think they had any real chemistry, and they weren't good enough actors to convince me that their fake shit was real. If they really did all get along then none of them are ever very comfortable around other human beings.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't think they had any real chemistry, and they weren't good enough actors to convince me that their fake shit was real. If they really did all get along then none of them are ever very comfortable around other human beings.
They are still doing things together long after they have to do things together, the chemistry was real.

As for everything else, Top Gear has always been a fake reality show.

John

Transplant
VIP
Yeah, no shit. Idk where he's getting that from. Tanner and Rut especially have been close from the beginning and do a lot of shit together

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yeah, no shit. Idk where he's getting that from. Tanner and Rut especially have been close from the beginning and do a lot of shit together
If that's the case they're both awkward as **** when cameras are around, because none of them acted even vaguely natural on that show. I've talked to Rutledge before and he's more personable to strangers at a car show than any of them were with each other on that shitshow. It was all forced and unnatural like a middle school play.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Got 2 minute into episode 1 before shutting it off. May try again after they've been together a while longer.