• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

John Oliver’s scathing take on Ferguson

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The "militarization" whine is a complete crock of shit. People whine and complain about waste, yet when the government reuses equipment, they cry foul. The days of Mayberry police departments are long gone. Under the program Reagan started, a lot of the excess equipment is given to departments to use. A lot of rural departments got humvees to use as well. So what? :rolleyes:

mcatdtJEEP

I'm not a big fan of militarization.... if a response of that magnitude is needed, call the National Guard....

Hum-vee's are one thing.... armored tanks are completely different.

However, I also don't want to be grouped with the people who define "militarization" as "cop with automatic gun"

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
You can't just call in the national guard for every disturbance. :rolleyes:

They dont have "armored tanks". Those are transport vehicles that would otherwise just rot in the middle east if they didn't bring them back.

mcatdtJEEP

They dont have "armored tanks". Those are transport vehicles that would otherwise just rot in the middle east if they didn't bring them back.

that is not a transport vehicle....

you don't need tanks for every disturbance.... but the ones you do.... you need to call in the guard.... not just give cops tanks...

as far as repurposing... absolutely.... give them to the Gaurd

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I actually "know" the guy that built the one for Dawsonville he mentions in the video. He built two of them, actually. They got them with shit-housed engines and all kinds of other problems. They just use them for parades, car shows, and ****ing around. Kind of like when the DARE cops would have a flashy car seized from some drug dealer and take it to school to talk to kids about not doing drugs. Shit like that. It's still kind of dumb and chest-thumping billy-badass type stuff, but I don't believe they actually put them to any real use.

mcatdtJEEP

if you're talking about Ferguson having tanks... I agree... they don't in any of the pictures I see.

mcatdtJEEP

I actually "know" the guy that built the one for Dawsonville he mentions in the video. He built two of them, actually. They got them with shit-housed engines and all kinds of other problems. They just use them for parades, car shows, and ****ing around. Kind of like when the DARE cops would have a flashy car seized from some drug dealer and take it to school to talk to kids about not doing drugs. Shit like that. It's still kind of dumb and chest-thumping billy-badass type stuff, but I don't believe they actually put them to any real use.
Yeah... I could see that, too. I just hate to think that, under the guise of "parade vehicles" until shit hits the fan, then all of a sudden, those parade vehicles come out for real.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yeah... I could see that, too. I just hate to think that, under the guise of "parade vehicles" until shit hits the fan, then all of a sudden, those parade vehicles come out for real.
Oh, it's definitely there and I know if SHTF it would come out, so I'm with you. For the time being, thankfully, they're just playing around with them.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Now I have to go watch the movie, dammit.
One of my absolute favorites, still holds up too. Watched dozens of times growing up - well quoted within my family. In fact, my mom gave a DVD copy to my first wife when we got married so she would understand what the family was saying. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

This guy is a twat. He's quite literally the stupidest person on TV (aside from Obama when he's standing before his teleprompter). The story of Ferguson is the same story every time this happens. Black guy has an issue with authority and pushes things too far. In this case, he rushed a cop, punched him and tried to take his firearm. He instead received it 6 slugs. His buddy lies and says they were just innocently minding their business as good citizens when the cop chose them and then hassled them, which turned to beating them, which then turned to him shooting them as they ran away. The autopsy and over a dozen witnesses tell the true story. He rushed the cop, knocking him into the car. He tried to get the gun from the officer and the officer shot him in the arm. He then rushed the cop again, and was shot several more times, twice in the head, with the entry wound at the top of the frontal lobe, exiting through the jaw. It's hard shoot someone running away from you in the top of the head. Not a single shot was rear entry. Now over a dozen witnesses have given supporting testimony to the officers story. Meanwhile all the entitlement slaves decide to take advantage of the situation to loot and burn. This had nothing to do with what the police did. This was just another chance for those who have no positive impact on society to take yet more from it. This is what happens when you have people who are lazy and rewarded for it with a social system like we have.

I wish the cops would just start mowing the worthless trash down.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
This guy is a twat. He's quite literally the stupidest person on TV (aside from Obama when he's standing before his teleprompter). The story of Ferguson is the same story every time this happens. Black guy has an issue with authority and pushes things too far. In this case, he rushed a cop, punched him and tried to take his firearm. He instead received it 6 slugs. His buddy lies and says they were just innocently minding their business as good citizens when the cop chose them and then hassled them, which turned to beating them, which then turned to him shooting them as they ran away. The autopsy and over a dozen witnesses tell the true story. He rushed the cop, knocking him into the car. He tried to get the gun from the officer and the officer shot him in the arm. He then rushed the cop again, and was shot several more times, twice in the head, with the entry wound at the top of the frontal lobe, exiting through the jaw. It's hard shoot someone running away from you in the top of the head. Not a single shot was rear entry. Now over a dozen witnesses have given supporting testimony to the officers story. Meanwhile all the entitlement slaves decide to take advantage of the situation to loot and burn. This had nothing to do with what the police did. This was just another chance for those who have no positive impact on society to take yet more from it. This is what happens when you have people who are lazy and rewarded for it with a social system like we have.

I wish the cops would just start mowing the worthless trash down.
Maybe this once incident the officer was justified shooting the guy- maybe- but the history of police violence to blacks has been building up- this violence isn't over once incident- it was merely the straw that broke the camel's back... and it was made worse and worse by police brass that just don't get it. From the chief talking about the number of bullets fired to the idiot that decided releasing a video of him robbing a store was to be packaged with the officers name. They are completely separate - release them apart - because it does not matter if he robbed a store or not.

That picture with 6 police in full riot gear with big "assault" rifles all pointed at that single black woman 15+ feet away. WHY? You shouldn't be aiming such weapons at a citizen to begin with, not unless you intend to shoot.

Cops think they'll oppress the people back into submission- If they can it won't be easy.