• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The ZJ needs Brakes

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
when I traded my ZJ, it hadn't been washed since Clinton was president.

just drive fast in the rain.

Ralph

VIP
You should Craigslist it for $2k
I've got my clean '96 zj on CL right now. I've had it on there 4 times since April and haven't so much as gotten a serious offer. This most recent time, it's up with no price and "make an offer". I've been offered $1100 cash, or (a separate offer) a beat up snowmobile barely worth $1k on a good day.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
you mean to tell me you didn't take the $1100 cash?

lets be realistic here, man. I put at least that much in mine last fall just to keep it on the road one more winter. I was more than happy to get $1000 trade in out of it.

Ralph

VIP
you mean to tell me you didn't take the $1100 cash?

lets be realistic here, man. I put at least that much in mine last fall just to keep it on the road one more winter. I was more than happy to get $1000 trade in out of it.
No fawking way. It's clean, well maintained, needs nothing, and I can prove it. And plus, they were CL flakes asking if I would take 1100 before they even came to look at it. For that kind of money, it's worth more to me to keep it for a winter beater. If someone waved $1750 cash under my nose, I'd probably sign the title. Certainly no less. That's what it's worth to me. I don't need to sell it.

These are the JGCs on CL around me. green bay for sale wanted - craigslist

Last edited:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
That would be awesome if they do. I don't think they will though.

Atlantic Recycling | We Buy Scrap Metal Junk Cars | Ozone Park, NY

They didn't ask at all about its condition, miles, whether it ran or not, body damage, anything. They just pay a set price for the year/make/model.
I do work for a junkyard. They do the same thing, based on what they think they can sell the parts for. If it's a sought after vehicle that needs minor repairs, they'll typically send it to an auction or sell it outright and get more than they paid.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
My mother's ZJ has the body rotted out but it still runs fine. Gonna nurse it through another winter and then sell it on CL. I bought it ten years ago for $1K. Probably put about $75K into maintaining it over the years.

Ralph

VIP
I think I'mma get one of those hitch'n'plow units to attach a scraper blade to the hitch and put that on the ZJ

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
i pay no more than $100/axle in aftermarket parts of decent chinese quality. DIY easily in an afternoon after inspecting all pad slide surfaces, pins, clean/regrease, clean rotor mounting surfaces, inspect piston seals, brake fluid condition. I mean really, we are talking about kiddie shit easy n00b jobs here guys :rolleyes:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
No fawking way. It's clean, well maintained, needs nothing, and I can prove it. And plus, they were CL flakes asking if I would take 1100 before they even came to look at it. For that kind of money, it's worth more to me to keep it for a winter beater. If someone waved $1750 cash under my nose, I'd probably sign the title. Certainly no less. That's what it's worth to me. I don't need to sell it.

These are the JGCs on CL around me. green bay for sale wanted - craigslist
damn....wonder how much I could get for the rust free 103,000 mile '93 Texass base model I have here.