• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
The soffit will be removed and the wall opened up to create a breakfast bar into the dining room

Cabinets are an off white, don't have pictures but will be full height (42").

Door and drawer pulls (crappy quality picture)

Granite

Floors will be a slate color 12x24 ceramic tile installed in 1/3 overlap

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
That boxed in section over the cabinets is just weird. Wonder if they did that on purpose or to conceal some sort of building mechanical stuff? Looks like HVAC.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
That boxed in section over the cabinets is just weird. Wonder if they did that on purpose or to conceal some sort of building mechanical stuff? Looks like HVAC.
It's empty space mostly. I have drilled holes in it and checked. Will post those pics too. That size cabinet was common when the place was built.

Ardvark

very common in homes just to give a different look for not always hiding stuff

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
very common in homes just to give a different look for not always hiding stuff
I'd rather have the space on top of the cabinets for additional "large item" storage or to hide things from my vertically impaired wife. :clapping:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The 80's called and they like their kitchen back :pirate:

Ardvark

Fairly certain the house was built in the mid 90's. I moved in in June of last year. The kitchen is so****ingunacceptable, it's ridiculous.
Arent you the one in dc with jag. I thought I saw sone big ass fancy house once

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
As promised, here are the pictures looking through the soffits. That electrical should be easy enough to conceal.

The duct in this is for the range hood, but the new one won't be vented, so it can be removed altogether.

Looking the other way

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Arent you the one in dc with jag. I thought I saw sone big ass fancy house once
Yes, I'm in the DC metro area. I do not have a Jag. I sold my townhouse in June and moved into this townhouse with my fiancee. We got married in October and have plans to renovate this one and then sell it this summer once her kid goes off to college.