• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

$300 laptops and win10

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Went shopping for new laptop and just couldn't see why I would ever need anything more than the $300 Lenovo that I bought.
Even the old "gaming" desktop collects dust since the Xbox arrived.

I kinda miss the old days of shopping for those "must-have" features because you had to do it all on the PC, now the phone, tablet, game console and the new tv can do it all.

Sooo $300 laptop, stripped it as bare of bloat as I could, upgrade to 10, running fine.

Avid

:avid:
VIP
I bought a used one on Facebook for $125 that was better than the $400 Toshiba I bought a month earlier. It got the free Windows10 upgrade too.

Screw buying $1500 laptops anymore. Tablets pushed their prices way down.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
I'm using a used Thinkpad with an i5-2540 and 8GB RAM I got for $125. No clue why anyone would buy a new cheap laptop.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
I'm using a used Thinkpad with an i5-2540 and 8GB RAM I got for $125. No clue why anyone would buy a new cheap laptop.

Same reason to buy a new car rather than a year old...never been farted in:D:

The 17" screen on the dead one seemed like a good idea at the time, went down to a 15. That one did have a Blu-ray player which I might swap in if I can find freeware to run it on 10