• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Chromecast - How to use FXNOW?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
So FXNOW - the App from FX Network allows access to every The Simpsons episode.

For reasons unknown the app is available for virtually everything except Amazon FiteTV. :banghead:

But I do have a Chromecast that isn't plugged in but I could use I supposed.

My question is, how would you even work/install the app for Chromecast? There's no remote... Do I really need to do everything on my phone and jst cast it? That doesn't seem to be the same as having a real app.

Ardvark

Download app
Go in and set it up
Then anytime your WiFi is turned on the little chrome cast symbol appears in the top.
Mine works on Google plus,hulu,youtube,netflix. You just push the chrome cast button on the screen. I have 3 chrome cast in my house so I have to select which one then it just goes to the tv

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Yeah that's annoying though, i don't want to have to use an app on another device to watch something on my TV.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I sideloaded the FxNow app months ago when I first got the FireTV and it loaded but I needed a mouse to use it because you couldn't navigate with the Amazon remote.

However when I tried running the app now it doesn't even load anymore... It bugs out before it even starts and closes. Mouse or not.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
For F*cks Sake!

On September 30th the FxNOW app was released for Amazon FireTV (Finally!)

Now that I am back home I downloaded the app, confirmed all The Simpsons seasons are there, and eagerly went to "Sign In" to confirm I am a TWC subscriber and can access the full episodes.

NOPE!

There are a hundred providers supported but for some reason Time Warner Cable isn't one of them. When I click on "My provider isn't listed" and give them the details they say that I can use the FxNOW app on AppleTV, Roku, and a bunch of others.... and online via the website, but NOT via FireTV.

WHY THE F*CK would Time Warner care what device was being used to access the content when Roku, AppleTV, and the other similar systems are all allowed?

:banghead:

This is why Torrents and other "Grey Market" means to download TV will continue to thrive. If you have good bandwidth you can download "Every Simpsons EVer" in about 2 days and never have to deal with this bullshit or commercials again.