• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Android Marshmallow

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Decided to update my Nexus 7 to Marshmallow.

Everything went well until I flashed a different recovery added SU. :banghead:

Ummm... I think I may be starting over. :jump:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Things often do when you don't deviate from the prescribed course of action and usage.

I say **** that, I'm doing what I want. Not sure if I can revert to a lollipop build, the Marshmallow build I'm using is official Google. I don't see a great deal different between it and Lollipop.

My phone isn't a Nexus device so it's got bloat. Currently have an AOSP rom on it. Basically Nexus like. I think I need some firmware updates prior to running a Lollipop build but I haven't found for certain.

Kinda fun, know what I mean? :D Tablet is back up and running, I reflashed things and it came right up. I think I need to wait until there's a Marshmallow compatible TWRP available. :agree:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Looks like I needed a custom kernel. Now I'm fully rooted on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Need a better firewall app than I have now.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Stop being a douche. It's a ****ing phone for Christsake.
Actually, we were discussing a tablet. Not a phone.

And it now works perfectly.

Phone is a little odd, but I'm also not using a production ROM. Will be interesting to see what the engineers do with the logs I'm supplying. :agree:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Actually, we were discussing a tablet. Not a phone.

And it now works perfectly.

Phone is a little odd, but I'm also not using a production ROM. Will be interesting to see what the engineers do with the logs I'm supplying. :agree:
Marshmallow still works great on my tablet.