• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I think it is time to upgrage to a new iMac.....

I bought the one I am currently using in 2006. It is getting more and more difficult to upgrade and run newer software on.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Do it, the newer ones are nice with the even slimmer profile.

Do it, the newer ones are nice with the even slimmer profile.
I am struggling with a few things....

I would have to migrate all of my photos, photo editing and organization to Adobe Lightroom. Which means I'll have to learn an entirely new system.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I am struggling with a few things....

I would have to migrate all of my photos, photo editing and organization to Adobe Lightroom. Which means I'll have to learn an entirely new system.
Doesn't it have that "I'm feeling lucky" button or whatever it was on Picasa? :pirate::pirate::pirate:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I didn't know they made iMacs anymore. I think my mom still runs her old one from ~'05. They are much slimmer now.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They just updated the iMac line in October to have 4k/5k screens. Good time to buy.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
No shit, I have a few year old dell that I keep just because it has an optical drive.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
i love my "late 2012" iMac..... 16G ram core i7.... 1.2TB fusion..... this this is dead reliable and fast.....

My last iMac was a 2007 model that i used since it was new and gave it to daughter... she's still using it today.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Did you order one yet or are you going to bitch and moan for 6-12 months and not do anything? :pirate:

Did you order one yet or are you going to bitch and moan for 6-12 months and not do anything? :pirate:
I am still deciding dickface. It's a ton of money right now.....

I don't bleed money like the rest of you fools. I need to think very carefully about major purchases.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I am still deciding dickface. It's a ton of money right now.....

I don't bleed money like the rest of you fools. I need to think very carefully about major purchases.

I should start doing that more

I should start doing that more
we owe $0 balance on our credit cards, house will be paid off in ten years, mini is paid off, truck is covered under vehicle allowance.....

we have no other payments other than our mortgage and monthly utilities....

life will be good some day.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
we owe $0 balance on our credit cards, house will be paid off in ten years, mini is paid off, truck is covered under vehicle allowance.....

we have no other payments other than our mortgage and monthly utilities....

life will be good some day.
some day? sounds pretty good now.