• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The best deal on Bird Seed I've ever seen...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Amazon.com TMF Premium Wild Bird Seed, 20 lb Pet Supplies

20lbs for $8.11, free Prime Shipping.

The downside- the product is never "in stock" so you don't get it it in 2 days. We've ordered it 3 times now. It's take 2 to 3 weeks to ship each time. But $8.11 for 20 pounds of bird seed is by far the best deal on Amazon and by far the best deal we can find locally.

Previously we were purchasing a 10lb bag that was a $5.86 "add-on" item but came in 2 days when you wanted it, however they have since raised the price to over $10 putting it in line with the rest of the seed which is around $2 to $3 per pound.

If you need the bird seed quickly the next best deal at this time is: Amazon.com Kaytee Wild Bird Food, 20-Pound Bag Patio, Lawn Garden which is currently $13.59 for a 20 lb bag.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't get how they ship a 20 lb box 2nd day for "free" and only charge $8.11 for the bird seed... I mean, even with their massive volume discount a 20 lb box needs to be at least $4 or $5 to ship, no?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I don't get how they ship a 20 lb box 2nd day for "free" and only charge $8.11 for the bird seed... I mean, even with their massive volume discount a 20 lb box needs to be at least $4 or $5 to ship, no?
I don't remember the numbers, but I read an article about Sam Walton's pricing model -- lose money on some stuff, break even on some stuff, make a profit on some stuff. All intentionally, because the low prices make people believe everything is the best price without bothering to research, so you get big profits on other things. Worked out pretty well for him. Maybe Amazon does something similar, because I agree with you - hard to imagine they're even breaking even on that deal, much less making any profit.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't remember the numbers, but I read an article about Sam Walton's pricing model -- lose money on some stuff, break even on some stuff, make a profit on some stuff. All intentionally, because the low prices make people believe everything is the best price without bothering to research, so you get big profits on other things. Worked out pretty well for him. Maybe Amazon does something similar, because I agree with you - hard to imagine they're even breaking even on that deal, much less making any profit.
I understand that model are a store you walk into and see things you didn't know you wanted but hard to believe it translates to e-shopping. :shrug:

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
I understand that model are a store you walk into and see things you didn't know you wanted but hard to believe it translates to e-shopping. :shrug:
i have browsed while e-shopping and bought plenty of things spontaneous that were not on my list...

now if they were the "right things" to support that model, I dunno.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
i have browsed while e-shopping and bought plenty of things spontaneous that were not on my list...

now if they were the "right things" to support that model, I dunno.
I'll easily pay a buck or two more online with next day free delivery versus heading into town. I hate making multiple shopping stops, and prefer the quick in and out. My time and gas are worth more than the difference in most cases.

Reactions: SAD

neevo

Limey Hippo
doesnt costco do it cheep over there? Bird seed and sunflower seeds are the cheapest around

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Here's the part about Amazon I don't get.... I mean I like it, but I don't get it.

Tractor supply - 6 miles down the road from me... $57

Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Red Meat Adult Dog Food, 22 lb. Bag - For Life Out Here

Amazon - in the ether - will be delivered in 2 days no tax or shipping - $49

Blue Buffalo Wilderness Adult Rocky Mtn Recipes Red Meat - Grain Free 22 lb Blue Buffalo Dog Food Bison Pet Supplies Amazon.com
Natural Balance or Canidae. Try them. We ran into the Blue Buffalo rep at out local pet store and he gave us "a deal" on their food. Poor move on our part to accept. Our B&T's shit reeked and it was sloppier the entire time on BB. Plus his coat lost its sheen. We switched back to NB and what do you know? No more smelly, sloppy shit and his coat sheen is back.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
does the store brand bird seed taste like the regular name brand seed? :puzzled:

Last edited:

slideways

Bird people are weird as ****.. And angry when you are out of the single 5lb bag they come get every 3rd thursday.

TSC here has a 20lb bag of "Farm Mix" for $6.99 fyi. And Wild Bird Seed Generic 20lb for $7.99