• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Can we get a damn

Ralph

VIP
"mark read upon viewed" setting for these forums?

Once I view the forum, zero, cero, zed, fúcks given if I actually click on the thread.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
"mark read upon viewed" setting for these forums?

Once I view the forum, zero, cero, zed, fúcks given if I actually click on the thread.
I don't understand, once you view a thread the thread automatically gets marked as viewed. Once you've read all threads in a forum, the forum automatically gets marked as having no new posts.

There may be a thread 2, 3, 4 pages back you haven't read yet, I think it remembers for 2 weeks before marking a thread as read whether you read it or not.

If you can't find the unread thread click the ★ New Posts ★ link on the navbar, that shows all threads with unread posts no matter where they are on the site. Just be careful when using it, I'd use it more but it can show threads from TCR along with the other forums, you don't want to accidentally click on while at work. It does list which forum each thread is from though, so you can check before you click.

Otherwise, as was said I believe, click on Quick Links in the navbar and there is a "Mark Forums Read" option to make every thread in every forum read.

Trick: If you want to mark just a single forum as read go to the forum index (click on the JUOT logo) then double click on the icon for the forum, the icon will turn from yellow to normal indicating that all threads in that forum have been marked as read.